MP3 sources

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
ok, I now have an MP3 player and I dont want to use shared file programs and such any longer. Anyone have any input regarding online sources of MP3 music IE. Itunes etc? 8) :jam: :boogie: :pimp: :headbang: \\:D/

I dunno. I just bought an iPod myself, and I'm on my third day loading my CD's onto it. After that's all said and done, I'll be hitting up iTunes for some misc songs, vids, whatever.

What kind of player did you get? I don't know if iTunes will load to a PC MP3 type thing-something from Sony, Phillips, etc. I don't know if they cross-talk or not.

What's limewire? Can't you get songs and stuff there? :?

I'm an MP3 newb.

I highly recomend you stay away from the "shareware" sites. Too many people with nothing better to do than make you're life misearble with viruses!!!
I have freinds that loan me CD's to burn.I also hit the used cd stores. buy cd's from $2-$6 each, it cushions the blow, and my 'puter still runs!!!!

The voice of experiance here:
If you have a dvd burner, burn all of you're songs to DVD format in case you loose the HD or you have a crash!!! You can put a BUTTLOAD of music on a DVD!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so no further input in online resources for music and such? I found a site today supported by sony but i am not sure if its as versatile as the Itunes... I am done with shareware programs. phooey.

I don't even know what shareware is.

I just downloaded a bunch of stuff from iTunes- songs, fly fishing podcasts. Easy-Peasy-Japaneesy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
shareware is the old school napster, limewire type stuff, user to user downloading, not cool, virus city.

Oh yeah, forget that crap.

Like I said, I just got a bunch of free podcasts, and a bunch of songs for .99 each. I shoulda entered the 21st century a long time ago!

I gotta convert all my cassettes and LP's to my iPod now!

99 cents per song sounds like it would add up quick. But I'm a cheap bastard that hasn't spent $100 on recorded music in his life...

99 cents per song sounds like it would add up quick. But I'm a cheap bastard that hasn't spent $100 on recorded music in his life...

Wow, that is amazing, I would hate to think how much money I have spent on J Buffet alone.

I just bought three CD's Friday night, $14.99, $12.99 and, $11.99. Unles you can get used, a buck a song is looking pretty reasonable!! And you ge the songs YOU want, not the other crap on the CD!!

Exactly. I wanted Peter Gabriel's "Big Time" and bought just that song, and not the whole CD "So." Might be a good CD, but I don't know any of those song, and just wanted Big Time. I got it.

For non-iTunes songs, I was on Amazon last night looking for a book, and they've got MP3 songs for sale there as well.

I went looking for an MP3 Player last almost 2 years ago. i tried a toshiba gigabeat and was less than impressed. I was adament i wouldn't get an ipod 'like everybody else' then i tried on.....not looked back since. i've not purchased music online (i still like to hold something) but i have borrowed my mates matyns cd collection (and his mates, via MP3) my sisters, my mums and a few exs...think i'm up to a month of non stop music now

Jamie

I went looking for an MP3 Player last almost 2 years ago. i tried a toshiba gigabeat and was less than impressed. I was adament i wouldn't get an ipod 'like everybody else' then i tried on.....not looked back since. i've not purchased music online (i still like to hold something) but i have borrowed my mates matyns cd collection (and his mates, via MP3) my sisters, my mums and a few exs...think i'm up to a month of non stop music now

Jamie

Back