More on dogs

looks like plasma, stainless doesnt torch like mild steel. id be interested to know what they run sean. please pm me

I have a plasma cutter. Kicks ass on stainless, but anything too thick and the flame gets displaced and the cut comes out angled. For thin stuff it works great, like dawgs. I've used it to blow out a busted off bolt in a machine casing. The bolt took off like a rocket ship, and surprisingly, no damage to the threads in the casing ::)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, may not do ya any good Squishie, but if you can find 'em on a dusty back shelf of a saw shop somewhere, the part numbers are:

inside dog--1119-664-0503
outside dog--1119-664-0504

To be honest, I don't know what he uses to cut the metal with, but he did tell me they are stainless. He said he is charging around $25 (Canadian dollars) plus shipping. I'm trying to bring them on here at Wesspur, but it might be a month or two before we have any.

Blinky - I couldn't reply to your PM because your acct is full. Delete some of those messages!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny thing...I'm a huge fan of big dogs on my rear handle saws, but I don't think I feel any need to go larger than stock on the 200T. Go figure.

Nice to have choices, though. Good to make them available, Sean.

Yea, 'lil bitty tiny ones. I want some Rambo Dawgs!

28rambo.jpg

I could go for a set of those on mine. I make good 14" cuts with my 200T often enough so as to walk the saw around and not just slice through it.

Sean, let us know when they're on the shelf. ;)

I hardly ever dog my 200 in because they are so small.

When I think about it though, Rambo dogs might be problematic on tree that require a lot of movement around the canopy. I can imagine that thing dogging into my leg every once in a while.

Could also be a problem with sticking in the piece when the hinge snaps.

Still, I want one.

valid points on your dog issues:D also rope could get hung up. i at least want to try it

I've often considered getting oversize dogs for my tophandle saws, except I remember all the times the dogs on my 70cc saws stab me in the leg, geeze the rope, etc. I'd be down if they were a bit bigger, but those ones look way big. I'll be looking forward to a report from you fellas.8)

Back