The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

More Knuckleboom

• Thread starter allmarktree
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
A

allmarktree

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO0O79OUW_s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO0O79OUW_s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

M

Mr. Sir

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That looked pretty dicey. Was it as close as it seemed to those wires?

It looks like you hit the wires on one of those picks.

A

allmarktree

It was that close, and the last brush piece touched the wires after I lifted it off.

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Does it bounce up and down like that a lot? Is that normal?

That crane amazes me every time I see it, and to top it off the climber is the operator, too! Lordy!

No_Bivy

Treehouser
did look a little out there. Do yo ever have anyone else run the crane besides you. I mean some pics require instant response to lift, no time for you to switch between saw and remote. Wild job though,...props on you doi'n it all!!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I mean some pics require instant response to lift, no time for you to switch between saw and remote.

That's the part I don't like. I sure would like to have a trusted operator handling that. Plus you wouldn't have to pack that remote around in the tree.

No_Bivy

Treehouser
seconds count...So far I dig a winch on a crane. BEAm me UP!:D ....But I would try one of those rigs:D

A

allmarktree

It doesnt always bounce. I was a little off on my pics. The last pic would have been fine if I had shorter slings. Since I got this crane I have changed the cut and rigging.techniques so there is no need for quick manuevers.
"I sure would like to have a trusted operator handling that." I do!:P

I am the only one who operates it.

No_Bivy

Treehouser
nice...your a wild man...Glad you post vids for us here....I try and think outside the box, but sometimes it skeers me. How much stick is on that rig?

F

Frans

Thats wild! I have never seen a climber operating the crane at the same time as cutting the tree down

No_Bivy

Treehouser
shat...he's been doin' it for a while now...mike poor too. Visionaries I guess:D

A

allmarktree

At 100'4" flat out it is good for 1210#
That is within the load chart
At full extension it is 800#

No_Bivy

Treehouser
flat out = horizontal?. I mean more like if your are picking a tree apart @ 100' away...do-able?

SkwerI

Treehouser
My bucket truck has over 46' of side reach (horizontal) and I seem to manage to crack concrete on a semi regular basis with the 24" square outrigger pads. I can't imagine the ground loads from the outriggers with 100' of side reach. How big are the pads you use?

A

allmarktree

The max horizontal reach is 115' so at 100' I could only get 25' roughly height. My pads are 24" but I put wider boards under when necessary.

No_Bivy

Treehouser
now I get it....I was thinking of a recent job...130' stick @ 95 was good for 6k. You gotta get closer. You have a rig em roll on that rig yet?

X

xtremetrees

I guess you dont need any help:O Holy smokes! , how cool is that! Do you mostly verticle snap cut? Would the rig em and roll increase your speed any?

A

allmarktree

I guess you dont need any help:O Holy smokes! , how cool is that! Do you mostly verticle snap cut? Would the rig em and roll increase your speed any?
I do vert and horiz cuts. The rig em and roll would have put me over the limit at that reach with those pieces

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!