model 90 bandit, chipper/chipbox combo trailer

Size is critical. I built my trailer 6'- 6" wide, 20' long. On my removals firewood guys are always on hand taking away my blocks or logs. On some really big jobs a couple of farmer buddies bring their grain trucks and I'll fill them up with chips and they help feed my chipper. They use the chips for bedding for their livestock.

Willard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
willard, q and a
with smileys(couldnt resist)

I got my trailer setup fine tuned pretty good now,35 hp 6"X 13" chipper,

is that a decent strength and feed rate, i was thinking the 9 inch with the diesel, but dollars and cents wise ive seen a six inch unit for 6 or 7 grand awhile back

252 grinder,

is the stumper in the dump box?:|:

even got a 800lb capacity powerbarrow on it

i like it, the dingo would look good there:)

allowing me to lay off my only employee:D
feels great dont it, huge amount of money saved

. Just work alone now and am in my best physical shape since I was 30 something.

My pickup and all my equipment are all paid for now:O
theres a blessing, thats a good place to be ,paid off
i dont want to be tied to huge payments or long term ones either

but its getting a little lonely all by my self. I figure for next season I can look for a good employee again.
Freedom working alone sure is nice though.

if only i could find a clone of myself

thanks willard

Good points Willard, I was just thinking that it looks like alot of tounge weight.
Not much tongue weight at all, I have the weight of the grinder and chipper [4,000 lbs] keeping weight off that tongue. The Dodge 3/4 ton with airbags on the back axle handles it loaded no problem especially with a 1100 lb Cummins in the front . Its only a short drive to the nearest landfill.
I used to pull this trailer with my old 1992 Ford 4X4 1/2 ton.

Willard.

Attachments

• anna 080.jpg
    anna 080.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 138
  • attach2.jpg
    attach2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 136
I'm liking this thread also streamline the setup and make it work. The roll off idea is useful all the way around. I think it's hard for me to comprehend the mini though with all monster pieces, Maybe I am underestimating the mini's.

Joel, a decent mini will pick up 600-700 lbs. Compare that to a full size machine picking up 1500 lbs. A few more trips but a lot lower impact, lower cost and better access.

thanks holmen for posting, did you buy that or make it?
I'm a slow typer here. Yep I built it around a Morbark 2060D 6"X13" 35 hp Wisconson, Under 3000lbs and has a feed roller motor with a tremendous ammount of power plus its got auto feed . This little guy can chip 6" hardwood all day . Its narrow enough to have the 252 grinder alongside and total width is only 6' 6" same width of the truck. Bandit makes a similar chipper and their proven workhorses.

Willard.

I would be quartering an awful lot, savings in fuel and only having one trip to and from would be worth the extra time but with a grapple time saver there also.

I would be quartering an awful lot, savings in fuel and only having one trip to and from would be worth the extra time but with a grapple time saver there also.

i stopped bucking rounds sice i got the mini

i even did a job for another co, cause they under bid it, i cut it, and loaded the logs out in a half day for him

seriously i should a gotten a mini years ago

oh yeah, i'd been thinking a 6 or 9 inch chipper would be handy to push around with the mini, and would fit on the 16 ft trailer as well
glad to see someone else was thinking of that as well

so glad my super jr has that extend- able tounge , makes it so stable getting it on and off the trailer

i wondered about if my mini could push one of those trailer type bucket lifts around

the 2nd set of pics is cool, shows the stumper on the rig with the chipper

really cool willard,
youve got it all on the same rig, super cool 1 trip to the job rig

My boxer and Dave's dingo have tip capacities around 1200 pounds, And Dave has the step on the back now that makes it higher.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o6ewze7sexU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Attachments

• 1217101015a.jpg
    1217101015a.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 21
  • devils garden 017.jpg
    devils garden 017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • devils garden 014.jpg
    devils garden 014.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • devils garden 012.jpg
    devils garden 012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • devils garden 007.jpg
    devils garden 007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
now imagine putting those logs onto a roll off, strapping them down as well as the machine, winching the box and hauling azz
no need to lift upwards too high
but we are talking the difference of a 5 thousand dollar dump trailer vs a 10 to 12 thousand dollar roll off trailer
anyone able to throw up a link, i think northern trailer out of nv makes em

Pretty hard to beat Willard's set up for a 6". Rayco have a new 6 inch chipper/trailer combo on sale here, I can't see it on the US site.

Just remember we drive on the other side of the road. Loading from the footpath would be handy, and it would suit most driveways around here.

I haven't seen their newer chippers, but they have improved a bit I think.
http://www.machines4u.com.au/view/advert/Rayco-6-Trailer-Combo-Unit/18328/

Attachments

• Rayco-6-Trailer-Combo-Unit_50574.jpg
    Rayco-6-Trailer-Combo-Unit_50574.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 104
Yeah you would be surprised what mini's can pick, my Vermeer is listed at a 1450 lbs tipping capacity.

the rayco looks shorterin trailer length than the bandit, i wonder ...does it rotate 360.o around like the bandit sweet looking machine

I have looked at Bandits and Morbark trailer setup, but where do you put the stump grinder?
I like the chipper at the back of the trailer because of the ease of feeding it. Plus its a breeze backing the stump grinder off with its own folding ramp. In residential tree jobs most times I back into the customer's driveway or while parked at the curb all the brush is forwarded behind it. Feeding a chipper from the side would be almost impossible with street traffic or while in a customers narrow driveway.
The sidedump makes dumping very easy in confined spaces. Drive into the dump site, dump and keep on going straight ahead. No turning and backing into a dump space.

Willard.

Around here with a rig that long you would almost have to feed it from the side to keep from staging brush in the street and blocking neighbors, mailboxes, etc. In fact the ability to chip from the side appealed to me alot about those turn table rigs. Nevertheless it is an efficient rig, hard to believe you pulled it with a 1/2 ton.

oh yeah, i'd been thinking a 6 or 9 inch chipper would be handy to push around with the mini, and would fit on the 16 ft trailer as well
glad to see someone else was thinking of that as well

Yea i would like to be able to move a small chipper around, say if you have a job that you can chip into the woods, or if the customer wants the chips. I was thinking about buying a 14' dump trailer, and a vermeer bc600 (there are a good amount of 600's for sale around here).

i wondered about if my mini could push one of those trailer type bucket lifts around

here ya go... these are rentals from a few months back...

Attachments

• dingo with loader.jpg
    dingo with loader.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 26
Don't get a Vermeer nick, the infeed sucks big time. Bandit 65 or Morbark or something. The 6x6 opening requires way to much chipping, as opposed to the 6x12 on the Bandits. Trust me.

I rocked a 65 for a year, loved the hell out of it. Then upgraded, luckily the Thomas can move the Woodsman, helps out a lot. Brush Bandit 001.jpg 8-17-09 001.JPG 4-21-09 013.JPG 12-17-09 001.JPG 7-16-08 001.jpg

If you're going to get a Vermeer then you need to be looking at the bc1000. It has to be the best bang for the buck in a mid size chipper. Chips better than the old 1250 and weighs 1500 lbs less.

Good thread, Love willards set up. When if I start up my new tree company (Ash's to Ashes) I would do something like that except with a Gooseneck.
That trailer site is the only one I have seen adverting there platform& Dump gooseneck thats the Ticket for me.

Just got my bid on a Custom 14' dump with 5' platform $7200 if ordered + shipping from this company http://sure-trac.com/
14,000 # axels , I have orders for 4 and beau coo requests about it since I ran those ads. lot of guys looking to get there minis to the job and haul wood to compliment their chip truck set up.

Attachments

• TrlrCut2010.jpg
    TrlrCut2010.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 26
The more mini talk I hear the more I want one! I have been contemplating the sale of my Bucket truck and or Jd tractor to swing it (I enjoy the climbing)
going to make some calls to demo one for sure 1450 is a fair lift as with the skid steer 2000 is max.

Skwerl, the old company i used to work for had a bc1000, it was a pretty good chipper for the hours it had on it, i was impressed!

TNT Dave, that is a great price! Around here a 14' sure-trac will run you around $6500 with out the platform. For my opperation i just think that a regular hitch would work the best for in the future when i buy a dump truck, so that i am able to tow it with that too.

The more mini talk I hear the more I want one! I have been contemplating the sale of my Bucket truck and or Jd tractor to swing it (I enjoy the climbing)
going to make some calls to demo one for sure 1450 is a fair lift as with the skid steer 2000 is max.

I just picked one up a few weeks ago, look around there are some deals out there. Hook one up too the branch manager that TNTree sells and you have one heck of a efficient mechine!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7nAn-FQwMg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7nAn-FQwMg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back