• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this thread is getting better
thanks for the pics nick and y'all
i talked to a bandit sales guy
he says the 6 inch will weigh at least 10k loaded
and the 9 inch about 12 loaded
sounds a bit heavy

do y'all think it'd tow decently

or is it back to a 1 ton and huck and duck for the small residentials?

he thought the idea was good for the valley but not the mountains

10K lbs on a hitch behind a 1 ton is a lousy option for mountainous areas. You don't have the go power or the stop power needed.

yeah its a valley rig for sure, bummer, might work for some flat landers or city dwellers
even with a 7.3 or cummings and an exhaust brake it' d be heavy especially in inclement weather
wonder for the roll off trailer if it would weigh the same

the sales guy said people were using 550's with the swap loader set up and using the box to move the equipment in ,dump; and pick up the equip on the rebound

Swap loader? I think a good 1 Ton, diesel dually will do the 6". Just gotta use common sense and know when not to bring it to certain jobs. Exhaust brakes rock, I will not own another diesel pickup without installing one

This thread rocks! How much are the rayco 6" box combo setups? That trailer/dingo setup is sweet!

jp:D

the bandits are spendy
the other thing i see is in ca your combined weight cannot exceed 14k lbs
without a class a lic

just a way to make more $ off of us, they apparently are giving less credit to class b lic's as well
and pushing for class a
i think its a way to rip us off for more $
the driving out of class tickets are expensive and you get parked on the scales till a class a driver shows up
back to the drawing board
ca's laws really are stooooopppiiiiddddd

You mean 26K lbs combined, and that's only if your trailer exceeds 10K lbs. I don't know where you got that number but it's wrong.

Back