Mini Loader Winch

Doh! I don't think the Husaberg is up for too much air since it is set up for the woods. I am trying my damnedest to put my ass back on the bike. With the boy in kindergarten this fall I just might find some time. If nothing else, maybe he and I can catch a couple races.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bud,

I have friends headed to southwick Oct 7th. I am headed to a track in Maine the same weekend. If either would work let me know, I can have them take it with them.

Still kicking this thing around. I think i can drop it off down the street and they can take care of shipping. Make offers

Blah blah blah. Got rid of my wood stock, need to get rid of the metal bits hanging around.

Can ship!

I'm trying to gear up with a mini. Seems like a capstan could be a good help if you have limited area to pull from.

Do you know the strength of the capstan? Did you just remove it from your grapple, or change grapples?

Does it require one person on the controls, and one tensioning the line?

It slides onto any bmg grapple. Strong enough to drag the mini, or multiple minis for that matter.

One person, turn it on, and man the ropes.

Figured it had to be a one man operation for you.

The Simpson sawhead powered capstan is a two person op, unless you fasten down the trigger, unfortunately. The other capstan I've seen was one person on the valve lever on the truck, and one keeping tension.

Still available. I have a plate i was working on to mount this to a chipper. My idea was to be able to use it on the chipper, and switch to the bmg also. There was a thread on this a few deleted forums ago, lost all pics.

How come you're selling it?

Any idea of the pulling power of the capstan compared to the mini? Is its real advantage for areas without space to back up the machine?

I have to buy some other things (like a grapple) first, or I'd say I'm interested. Helmet comms first, AT second, grapple after that maybe.

Someone was asking about such a thing, maybe on TB. You might already be bumping the post over there, too.

Well dang me dang me hang a rope and hang me. I was just thinking again about this today. Glad you go rid of it B.

Ya thats what it was. I could use it this week actually. So probably ordering the winch for the bandit now.:lol:

Back