Matt Cornell Rope Saddle FOR SALE

I think it's funny how this seems to be going in a different direction than most other new saddle designs have been going. This one seems like a throw back to me. That might be why I think the price is too high. I keep wanting I compare it to the old Weaver saddles because of the looks of the padding. I'm sure it's a better saddle but I don't think this one's for me..... Cool idea anyway.

I'll be the guinea pig. While we're waiting though, better pictures!! (please) ;)

Weather this harness is as comfortable as the one I'm using now, the ability to replace components really appeals to me. I like the idea.

Cheers.

I hate to be a downer but I simply don't see what that saddle does differently. At a glance, it strikes me as an answer in search of a problem.

Yup.... I'm with Butch,I dont believe many will be selling from that poor pic.

Conceptually... Cool.

I am a doubting Thomas that it will disburse pressure room the ropes as much as a wider webbing strap, or more so a treemotion wide belting ( whatever you'd call it).

I like the rings at the bridge instead of rigging plates. Rings work with snaps, found on many/ most fliplines, whereas rigging plates don't. When you want to clip in with an asymmetrical biner that has a friction hitch and pulley preset, you have to remove them from the biner, insert the biner through the rigging plate hole (since the locking barrel won't fit through the rigging plate hole), and reclip the hitch eyes and pulley. An opportunity for something to go wrong.

What about the side rings instead of Ds Sean? I know other saddles like the TreeMotion have them but I've never used them. It appears like the ring might be a little harder to clip into than a D, a little more floppy using rope instead of webbing. Is there much difference?

A rigging plate would work for the bridge connection if it was flipped around so the big hole faced outwards. I think a few people have rigged up liger saddles like that

I will be interested to hear feedback. Not interested in the traveler option so keep it over the pond;).

I have to agree with an earlier post that this harness seems to be a bit of a step back in technology rather than a step forward.

I am looking forward to be proved wrong though.

Back