Masterblaster aka Butch Ballowe III

I guess I haven’t read much on the forum lately. Just saw this. Rest in piece butch.

I don't post much at all on any boards, more of a lurker and Wow.... I was checkin to see how his battle was goin. Never met him in person but ya knew he was bad ass, and a Man you would always want on your side. I will miss his Knowledge, wit and straight talk. Who Run Bartertown ? Masterblaster .....

Haven't been around for a while and just found out now.

After reading the previous posts, a member had asked about a HD "kiss the sky" pic of Butch.
I may have it in one of my other files but unfortunately I could find it.
topper_lg.JPG kiss_the_sky.JPG rapides_station.jpg

If memory serves , and I'm going back to pre Tree House days, this cool pic of Butch kicking back on a limb was one of the very few times I've ever recall seeing him without a TH logo T-shirt on.

It's also my favorite picture !

trees%20015_edited.jpg

Another cool pic I had saved some time ago is of Butch sitting with GB not long after his foot injury.

rotator.jpg

Butch sure liked his "Cady Pads" !!!

His kindness and willingness to share information & ideas with everyone and provide this incredible website for all here to do the same truly speaks volumes of the man.

Anyone remember a thread years ago titled, "What makes a good groundman"??? You guessed it, it was started right in the Tree House !!!
Many of the membership offered their .02 and eventually came up with something everyone, (past, present & future) has benefited from.

And it was his Tree House website that made this and so many other things possible for all of us.

I would simply like to say Thank You for all your hard work and dedication in bringing us together to play in your Tree House.

rapides_station.jpg

You will be missed but never be forgotten.

R.I.P.

"Anyone remember a thread years ago titled, "What makes a good groundman"??? You guessed it, it was started right in the Tree House !!! "

Actually he started that thread on AS just before I joined there. What makes a GOOD groundman? - https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/what-makes-a-good-groundman.14455/

Lucky for us that he left there and started this forum. Except for a little while when he went back a couple of years ago I hadn't been there for years. He didn't stay long, just to sort some things out. Me either, it's got nothing on this place.

It's worth having a look through that thread even though some posts have been deleted as usual. Some members are still here and Butch had a great sense of humour.

"Geez Murph!

We've 30 already, we don't wanna turn a light read into War and Peace."

Wow, Rest In Peace Butch. I’ve been away for awhile and check in to find he’s done left us. What a generous human he was. I never got the chance to meet him in person, but he and this site he created honestly taught me so much, and not just about tree care and climbing. 2020 really does feel like an alternate reality man.

i really miss Butch, more than ever thought,
His even coolness yet directness, always a friend.
Even when scorned in other places, held his hand steady over that particular candle, no matter how hot the flame..
The Groundman paper was picked up by TB long ago.
At ArboristSite his threads he started there continued to be most populated threads for YEARS after they kicked him out.
>>i know cuz i checked here and there over time and we talked about it.
Eventually his what did ya'do today type thread there was started by someone else, i always thought to cut him off.
>>and then one like it started at TB in similar fashion
He was blackballed by many, including advertisers for YEARS until TreeStuff stepped up.
So, when he started selling the shirts, to undermine him more, they were called 'kiss this guy; shirts as was always and all ways claimed this humble man was full of himself!!!
Especially humble for a tree guy, that can step up to and do what we can/have against the largest, heaviest, highest, most leveraged life form ever known; and walk away whole each time. As we are of a few bruthas, that can come get you from some bad places, few dare enter, let alone survive.
So, there was this guy, knowing nothing about computers, announcing would start own site FOR EVERYONE ELSE; and one day he wrote me and said how his buddy Doc was coming over with some forum software that night and boom, they put this together w/o experience, guidance nor sponsors, as groundwork before even any posters; braving a climate of naysayers, taunters and underminers. Along with more tree guys (few that there are) committing NOT to post. While doing all on his own dime, the shirts came later...
i'm sorry i would not have been as resilient, but HE did it with'nuthin!
It was a long road, not still done; with many taunters that made him scratch head, wince; but never falter.
Been looking for months for this vid of pix w/music thought it was better made a bit after y2k,
>>a number of members did such slide shows in that 'era' with the new internet tools of the time; it was a thing!

edit:
see comments, sorry am removing the Jimi Hendrix song he loved, that was cool to use at the time but immediately caught by youtube copywright police now; and blocked.
(didn't know as it shows to me ok, sorry, won't be the same tho..)

Last edited:
Back