Masterblaster aka Butch Ballowe III

Of course you know what weather I like. ~50°, cloudy, and maybe some fog is the perfect day. Cutting wood? You can take 20°-30° off that temperature, and maybe add some light snow. 70°=hot. >80° is frig my life territory. I can't think of any famous LAs I'd want to live in. If I end up in one, my life took a drastic change for the worse. and I'll be busy figuring my way out.

I think I have it a little bit. Not from running saws. Maybe just damage from when it used to get cold here.

Lotta folks have it for no reason at all.

I have it some, it can kick in if I get chilled.

“I'm 62 now, and muscle cramps are my biggest beef now.”

@Jomo; Try this stuff, if you want the cheapest form of electrolyte possible. Also, you can try the much more expensive liquid form of electrolyte they sell in the baby care section of the supermarket. Stops cramping almost instantly. Butch taught me this, you can probably find a thread about it on this forum. Tim.

@Jomo; This is a link for the more expensive but better tasting stuff, sold in a 4 pack. Less work, nothing to mix up. Butch would drink a full bottle of the stuff before he started work on hot days, and I think maybe two more bottles during the work day.

I started off using these ready to use bottles because that was what Butch recommended. I went from having my entire lower body seizing up with extremely painful cramps when climbing on hot humid days without the electrolytes, to having almost zero cramping under identical conditions when using Pedialyte. I switched to the powdered stuff after awhile, just because I was looking for a less expensive way to get the same result. The powder mix is more work, and not as sweet tasting, but the stuff seems to work nearly as well for about 1/4 the price.

Here’s a link to the pricy stuff.

Ha ha, we're on the same wave length Burnham.

I was thinkin how handy it'd be if Adolf's Banquet beer shared the same attributes as electrolytes!

But drinking water in the early hours brings reality into a sharper focus.......

Jomo

Gerolsteiner is high in minerals, high in flavor, and no sweetness. I can't specifically vouch for it cause cramps are sporadic, but they seem to be lower when I've been drinking the water.

Ha ha, we're on the same wave length Burnham.

I was thinkin how handy it'd be if Adolf's Banquet beer shared the same attributes as electrolytes!

But drinking water in the early hours brings reality into a sharper focus.......

Jomo

A mate of mine is a bit of an alchy. He started training for half marathons as a way to give him a goal and motivation to curb his intake.

He was really getting into it and had completed a couple of half’s. He was also studying Spanish at night school so a friend had bought a Running Magazine, printed in Spanish.

His running didn’t really go much further after he read an article about Spanish Marathon runners rehydrating with Cerveza 🍺

Magnesium oil spray for the aches after work, and powder for a fizz drink if it's been particularly brutal.
Keeps the cramps at bay and also helps regulate sleep patterns.

Jomo, do you have any idea what that was made for?

I guess not.

In the mid 70ties, the very forst harvester/processor, called the Logma, was invented.
That was the beginning of the end of hand falling.

The original prototype is on display at the forestry museum in Jönköbing.
I piss on it's left rear tire, every time I come by.

It could not fall trees, only process them.
So two fallers had to run ahead and knock the trees, typically 40 year old Scots pine and Red spruce, over.
In order to make their lifes easier, Husqvana marketed the falling pad.

So it is designed for the mass murder of youngish conifers and it wrked fine for that.
Don't go stick it in one of your huge Eucs and say that it doesn't work.

That concludes today's history lesson ;)

I actually bought a 254XP that was a fantastic lightweight midsize saw, even had the very European 325 pitch chain.

But the Nordfeller attachment was a friggin joke! I could lean against a perfectly vertical little tree and apply more force.

Jomo

Back