Looking for a Used Chipper

• Thread starter BCMA
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
B

BCMA

We are looking for a used chipper in excellent condition. The chipper of choice is a Vermeer BC1000, or a Brush Bandit XP90. Any information on a dealer, private party, or an auction would be appreciated.

Have you called the Vermeer Dealership in Boise? Where in Idaho are you?

didn't you just sell a spider lift?.........why a 9 inch chipper?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, we just sold the spider lift. We did not keep it busy enough to justify the cost. It is a very specialized machine.

I'm located in Coeur d'Alene. We have a Vermeer dealer in Spokane, but I like to check out my options.

Why a 9 inch??? Anything over 9 inches can be used as firewood, or go on our portable mill for lumber. Also, there is a weight issue. We are very rural and we use 4X4 one ton chips trucks, and don't want to pull around a 6,500 lb. chipper.

Yes, we just sold the spider lift. We did not keep it busy enough to justify the cost. It is a very specialized machine.

Specialized as in removals to dangerous to climb where a bucket truck can't reach? Just wondering what your main use for it was?

Sorry not trying to derail your thread.:)

It was used as a general lift for all tree work. It will be better suited in a deciduous canopy environment, or very tight lots. We are primarily conifers, and have plenty of room for a truck-mounted lift when we need it.

Why a 9 inch??? Anything over 9 inches can be used as firewood, or go on our portable mill for lumber.

Those were my reasons as well.

I've got a 2007 model 90. I upgraded to a 85hp Cat Diesel engine. The thing motors through anything.

Just today a competitor of mine was chipping near me. He had a Vermeer BC1000. The lower hp was evident because the auto feed system was feeding as such: Chip...one second...Chip...one second...Chip...(you get the point).

With 5" wood it will simply take it. And I don't know why, but he chip quality is nice. I mean real nice. My competitors have noticed and complement it.

Hats off to Bandit Industries. ;)

Those were my reasons as well.

I've got a 2007 model 90. I upgraded to a 85hp Cat Diesel engine. The thing motors through anything.

Just today a competitor of mine was chipping near me. He had a Vermeer BC1000. The lower hp was evident because the auto feed system was feeding as such: Chip...one second...Chip...one second...Chip...(you get the point).

With 5" wood it will simply take it. And I don't know why, but he chip quality is nice. I mean real nice. My competitors have noticed and complement it.

Hats off to Bandit Industries. ;)

Lots of guys in our area have the Vermeer. Seems to be an OK chipper. I'm a Bandit guy, run a 250 with a winch....don't know if the 1000 is available with a winch, know the 90 can be fitted with one....

get a 90 if you can find one...but would guess that there's more 1000's out there.

A chipper that size would be easy to transport..so maybe look beyond your area.....try www.treetrader.com

i know a local guy selling his 10inch morbark. let me know if your interested, 200ish hours and he owes 7500, said he wanted to make a little more than he owed. heck i could prolly drag it to boise if your coming

We have two XP90’s and one BC1000. The Crews like both of them. Both XP90’s have winches on them which is convenient.

Rbtree…thanks for the link. I get tree and landscape Equipment trader, but did not consider going onto their website. They have all the equipment dealers listed with their email addresses. This will be easy to cut and paste a message to them.

i know a local guy selling his 10inch morbark. let me know if your interested, 200ish hours and he owes 7500, said he wanted to make a little more than he owed. heck i could prolly drag it to boise if your coming

I'm interested 208-699-3700

I will be at the PNW conference in Boise in a few weeks.

As it turns out, I will not be at the PNW conference. It was a choice between the conference and scouting for a trophy mule deer that week in the Salmon River breaks...the need to hunt!

As it turns out, I will not be at the PNW conference. It was a choice between the conference and scouting for a trophy mule deer that week in the Salmon River breaks...the need to hunt!

haha, im going elk hunting tomorow, kinda shamefull the way they schedule during hunting season!

Back