Lookie what i found at my place hes a fatty

After camping 3 months in the woods, in an old scuzzy tear-drop trailor, a classic today, I came home at the end of the logging season and parked the rig out on the street.

Time passed and one day I had the ambition to go clean out the trailor to get it ready for the next season. And that's when I came face to face with a diamond back caught in a mouse trap. He struck at me but could do much with his back broken.

Gave me the heebie Jeebies man. FTS

A lot of guys here will catch a poisonous snake and put it in a big jar of shochu, a popular alcoholic beverage. It has to go in while still alive. Drinking the snake extract is said to increase sexual powers. A friend gave me a jar with a big Habu in it, a very venemous snake from Okinawa. His wife told him that he had to get rid of it. Not sure if she didn't like snakes, or his new power was too much for her....

I tried drinking some, but the taste was worse than terrible. I sold it for a hundred dollars.

There used to be a very strange place in town, that served snake blood in a shot glass. It was rather dark in there, and live snakes were in glass containers along the wall and on a counter.. The proprietor would kill a snake and drain it's blood into a shot glass for you, and serve it with a glass of sweet wine to wash it down with. Then he would cook up the snake and serve it to eat. They served regular drinks too, but the blood was the specialty of the house.

His wife was something to behold too, a real slim tall beauty with very long hair, much like a snake herself, and she would bring the drink and cooked snake to your table. It was a real cool place, but most unfortunately, the owner died. I heard that his wife continued to run it for awhile, but she's closed it up now. :(

Makes me wonder why the Asian cultures seem to have so many libido boosting 'remedies'. I guess something must work as there are many an Asian walking this planet....

A dude I work with is on an SPCA rescue list. We relocate a few rattlers every spring and summer, mostly Santa Cruz Mts. off 35 and some SE San Jose. He goes in with welding gloves and a snake stick. I (gloved) hold the lid to the tub. Rad to get a good sized one, most are small around here though.

We went to look at a tree last year and found this guy sittin' in the stump, about a two footer...

Attachments

• Trees n webbin' 001.JPG
    Trees n webbin' 001.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Trees n webbin' 002.JPG
    Trees n webbin' 002.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
One of my first jobs, back a few years now :), was with what was then called the FL Game and Freshwater Fish Commission. One of my duties was to drive a big, ol' 1 ton Dodge 4x4 with a grain hopper in the back along a series of backwoods routes to fill quail feeders, to encourage huntable populations.

Of course, rodents like cracked corn, too. And rattlers like rodents.

Not all, but many of the feeders had a "resident" rattlesnake or three. I got to know their individual habits pretty well, and mostly managed to live and let live. A few more aggresive individuals met the sharp end of my shovel. That was a long time ago, I was but 17 years old, and today I'd try harder to avoid that end.

I was taken by surprise once. I don't know how that snake managed to get inside the feeder, which looked like a 5 gallon bucket with a hinged lid. Anyway, I hauled the feeder over to the drop chute on the hopper, popped the clasp on the lid, lifted it up and looked eye to eye with a three footer.:O

Did you know that a human being can levitate straight up 4 feet and back about 12 feet without concious thought? :lol:

Makes my heart race just to remember it, lo these many years later.

Possibly not, but I remember nicking myself in the earlobe while shaving, and it took a long time to stop the bleeding.

Burnham, I seem to remember you sharing a story about a snake falling into a boat...which you promptly shot at....:lol:

Oh shit, Greg! :lol: You had to bring that back up? I'm rolling here!

Oh yeah, I sure did. Sprouted a right proper little geyser from the bottom of that aluminum johnboat, too. :lol:

I've had a several interesting events happen in over 35 years of working in the woods. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A new one

Crikey , took this today near my place.

Attachments

• aug 1 pics milll 2009 visit moms b day and rattle snake 084.jpg
    aug 1 pics milll 2009 visit moms b day and rattle snake 084.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 77
We were in rattle snake country today ground sawing in down logs, brush, high grass and rocks... I just kept sweeping the ground in front of me with the saw to test my cuts for the sneaky buggers.

Back