Little problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there anything against a little simple green and a spray with a hose? Not sure if it's a good idea or not. Air hose just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I used to clean my saws at the end of the day, or the next day, but I've gotten a bit lax about that. Still, I'll never show up at a job with a dirty saw, it's beneath my dignity. 8)

Is there anything against a little simple green and a spray with a hose? Not sure if it's a good idea or not. Air hose just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I think it would be fine, so long as you keep in mind the route air gets into the filter housing and avoid shooting the cleanser and water in there.

Don't really know if the colored plastic would suffer or not, but I doubt it unless you left cleanser on it unrinsed for a substantial period of time.

I don't really care if they look all clean and shiney on the outside...it's the filters and bar and chain and muffler and nuts and bolts and dogs, etc. that need to be maintained.

My 2094 was all junked up with grease, oil, sawdust, etc and had been sitting at the shop neglected for several months. Last night I pulled all the covers off, plugged the intake and exhaust(the muffler was off too) with a bit of cloth, sprayed it down with Purple Stuff and then blasted it with the pressure washer for about 10 minutes! :D It's all shiny and new-like and it runs like a champ.

I tip mine to one side or the other to get the sawdust off And give them a brand new tank of gas every time they run out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha. Just got finished blowing out every saw and blower clean. The worst part about it is blowing it out and having that gunk fly back into your face. Gotta love it. Ordered the sprocket and bearing today too, and sharpened them all.

Shooooot, I said I gve em a NEW tank of fuel EVERY time, spoiled rotton they are

I dunno it's kind of odd .Some saws will pack full of chips badly,some do not . The old horizontal cylinder Macs are bad for it .It seems the Stihls aren't .

I was tinkering with an oily old thing a tad bit today,1956 Lombard that I doubt had seen an air hose in it's over 50 year but it wasn't as bad as one would think . Probabley loose fitting shrouding and lots of open cylinder had a lot to do with it .Plus those snail speed engines didn't require a lot of fan blast because they ran extremely sloooooow and seldom would over heat .

Back