Limmer Boots...Best Boot For Pruning

I didn't like them at all. They seemed way to heavy duty for me. I wore one pair around the house for maybe 2 weeks. They were just too stiff. It wouldn't work for my style of climbing. I could see someone being happy in these especially if you wear spikes...but I started as a rock climber and I still like a little more grippy rubber. The soles of the limmer were quite square (if that makes sense)

I ended up sending them back. I was ready to pay a hefty price for a sweet pair of boots, but these just weren't what I was hoping for.

SUPER WELL MADE BOOTS though. If you like the look and the style, GET THEM. The company was phenomenal to deal with and the quality of the leather, the stitching, etc was TOP NOTCH.

They were just not a good style fit for ME personally.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still have my light weight Limmers...best pruning boots that I own.

Just had mine resoled by Peter Limmer. Since I live close by, I just drove up to their shop/barn store up in The White Mountains.

Do you have to make an appointment for getting fitted? Have you tried the ultra lights Chris? I think I'm going to make the drive over in the next few weeks, only 2 hours for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, no appointment necessary, but I would still call to make sure that they are all there that day. I don't know if everyone there does the fittings. I did try the ultra lights, but they were a little too light for my liking, though I have heard of others who swear by them for pruning.

When I just had my Limmers resoled, I had Peter but on the most rugged Vibram sole lugs that they make and boy do they grip the trees awesome!

I have been using military boot on my daily, For work and else. I figure ,I will be using them on the tree. I need advice back on this. I may ask about it if there is a good reason no to use military boots.

Back