LimeLite 24 and Blue Moon

NickfromWI

King of Splices
You know about Yale Cordage's Poison Ivy line. They took Blaze, a 24 strand 11mm line and beefed it up a bit. I think this was Sherrill's idea, and they had a 2 year exclusivity deal on it. We had it available to us from Sherrill in the black/green color and the Poison Hi-Vee was green/neon green.

Well, the two years is up, so we'll be seeing some new colors. I was in Bishop the other day and they gave me a sample of their version. LimeLite 24 they call it. 120' hank for $94, and only $9 more and they'll splice it for ya.

Nothing crazy fancy, but it's nice to know there's another color option for you.

love
nick

ps- I will never splice that for $9!!!!

Attachments

• P4070028.JPG
    P4070028.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P4070036.JPG
    P4070036.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P4070034.JPG
    P4070034.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P4070033.JPG
    P4070033.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 21
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And Bailey's has their color. They call it Blue Moon.

716BM_120_L.jpg

You can see it at http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=716BM+120&catID=

love
nick

$9 for a double braid eye splice? What'd they do, train some monkeys?

And I think those are factory spliced- by Yale.

Shame of it is that they are a standard 2" eye. To big to fit a carabiner snugly, to small to allow a girth hitch.

I'll take a tight eye for some extra dollars any day!

love
nick

I just got a hank of Blue Moon back from the splicer. Too damn fidgety to splice doublebraid. Have you talked with Sean at all Nick? Maybe a chance for extra $$

For some reason I was thinking Sean Larkin from Sherrill! drrrrrrrr

No- I haven't spoken to wesspur/sean/bounce about me splicing for them. Sean...where you at?!

love
nick

ps- I've gotten a couple splicing jobs from people saying they were referred by someone at Wesspur. hmmmmm :)

So that blue moon should have the same feel as poison Ivy? ...Just different colors, huh? Nice, I loved my PI. I just bought some Blaze, so I probably won't need a new rope for a while.

Same rope, new color....that's the idea.

I like having a color that no one else on the crew has. I don't like coworkers using my lines. To me they are precious- to them, it is just a line.

Do you think a sky blue line would be neat? Like lite blue maybe with a little orange in it?

Yeah, It would be neat. Though, I've really begun to appreciate SEEING my rope in a tree. Especially, when you're looking up trying to figure out what it's hanging on!! If "natural" colors are being experimented with, someone should come up with a color scheme where the rope looks like the sky from below, like the tree from the side, and like the ground from above. You know... that's how nature does it.

I want Hot Pink.-Shows up everywhere but San Francisco and Houston and I won't climb anything there.

TopHop- New Tribe already sells a color combo called "chameleon."

But what if it was color changing! Remember hyper-color shirts?

love
nick

[...] If "natural" colors are being experimented with, someone should come up with a color scheme where the rope looks like the sky from below, like the tree from the side, and like the ground from above. You know... that's how nature does it.

So what we need then, is see through rope. 8)

Back