Lil Tree job we are doing.

Shoot I think I agree with MB's/Stump
s price area. The tree doesn't look overly tall, there is a road on one side, parking lot on the other.

There is some big wood but that's explainable by it being on top of an exposed hill.

The limbs are hard to judge in horizonal span. I don't see it being more than 3k including the stump, around here. 4-5 loads in the dump trailer, 2 days working solo ($2kish + stump).

If the limbs are exceptionally long and they can't be easily rigged solo, a small crane to lower them to the parking area and load the trunk would be handy and would add to the price (closer to $3k).

The trunk looks sub 40"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All over tha place,there is a road about ten foot wide.
We are catty cornering a crane in there.
The pics dont show the true size.
Just one quater of the limbs went through a 1890 brush bandit filling up my 20 foot dump.
Average limb is 24 inches near trunk.
Its bid at 4500 and im lowest bidder.
The tree is mosly junk and even though it looks healthy in pics its mosty dead .
There is a huge hole at 30 feet about 3 feet deep and we dont know how long.
Hey John i put my coin on scarlett oak as well.
We went with the crane that has the smallest foot print.
Ill get yall some pics. She leans hard over the deck and house barely visable in pic.
Working room in nill.

If the tree is 100' wide, I agree it's cheap. It doesn't look to be much over 70' tall maybe 80' wide with room to butt hitch the limbs getting them closer to the lift.
Butt hitch the limbs ,, nice they would crater everything.
pics are hard to judge

I didnt do 60k gross in 28 days by being totally new to this game Butch

First I would and do have an extremely hard time estimating a TD from pics as there are too many variables. And lets face it.. Different areas afford different prices... highest bid I heard of recent here was 2500.00 no crane on a tree that I looked at and refused cause I ain't got all the gear I would need. BTW, the homeowner decided he could not afford it. I have seen one of our local guys do a TD of that size with his own crane for 1200.00 couple years back, white oak though... Had a good zone though and no transport, was all left for homeowner clean up. Fire wood and brush, no stump grind. So I would not know where to begin with just two pics on a TD... Maybe just me....:dontknow:

I h8 big trees. Over bid and hope you don't get it would be the play I would've made...

First I would and do have an extremely hard time estimating a TD from pics as there are too many variables. And lets face it.. Different areas afford different prices... highest bid I heard of recent here was 2500.00 no crane on a tree that I looked at and refused cause I ain't got all the gear I would need. BTW, the homeowner decided he could not afford it. I have seen one of our local guys do a TD of that size with his own crane for 1200.00 couple years back, white oak though... Had a good zone though and no transport, was all left for homeowner clean up. Fire wood and brush, no stump grind. So I would not know where to begin with just two pics on a TD... Maybe just me....:dontknow:

That's the truth. Just looking a a couple of pics to base any estimate on is a fool's errand...not that we can't enjoy speculating and conversation over a brew or two :).

When I looked at the first pic, I thought "move the vehicles and fall it just to the right of where the photographer was standing, easy peasy". :D

Looks like the tree had been all cleaned out from a previous session. No deadwood or brush to fight a climber could get right down to work, easy like. Real nice leads to set ropes and work from. I'd stretch it out to last at least a week and record every cut and piece rigged out. You don't get'em like that everyday.

Kinda was thinking that myself... Two guys and some rope and rigging. Take our time.. Make enough for the week and get lots of pics and have some fun... Of course I would have negotiated the fire wood as my bonus :D
Saw what Wagnaw said about it being rather hollow... So a crane or rigging from a bucket would seem the safer option... But there are many a way to rope a tree down :D
I too on the first pic thought what B thought... Move the cars, maybe take a couple branches off the side over the house just in case and drop the sucka... LOL

Its done, we got video.
Lats two pics were 10k apiece.
One log was all my truck could haul.
Ten thousand bulky pounds each load.

It's about being happy with your bid.

Nothing like working your tree when you think 1000 more on it would've put a smile on a pouty face.

Usually I only underbid for friends.

Going back and looking at it.
Unless there are some deceptions in the picture.
In my opinion from my room in california.
4 guys 8-10 hours, Chips and bucked wood stay. $2500.
Just my opinion since your asking.
Medium tree, great rigging points and tie ins. :) :) :) :) :)

We hope to get you guys a video.
Our work space was about 20 foot by 20 foot.
The tree filled my 20 foot dump truck 9 times.

Back