Liable/Slander/What????

We never advertised with them until we saw we were already getting a significant call volume from them BEFORE advertising. It did increase with our advertising investment, too

love
nick

For 6 grand, I would kiss your heinie.

Just before phone books went out of busines here, I lost a similar amount signing up for ads in those.
Got talked into signing up for 2 years and it brought no jobs worth mentioning.

I wasn't going to tell him that, till he paid me the 6 grand.

Yellow pages/Yelp took me for a few grand for feck all in the good old days.
Here in medieval France I have found a local free newspaper the best value.

Yelp is evil! Guy across the street owns a Hog wild BBQ joint, they called him a while back, "Either pay us, or we will trash your business!" I couldn't believe they'd stoop that low, then I did some Googling, yup, seems it's a common practice for them!
As for being liable, I can't say there'd be much of an outcome in court for a negative review, I did, on the other hand, have an issue with an ex-waitress at the bar I was helping out with. She claimed on Facebook that I'd grabbed her ass, and used my full name in the accusation. I met her at her new job the next day and explained we'd be going to court over that one! I assure you, I NEVER touched her, or any of the others, inappropriately! That post was promptly removed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not discounting your concern or issue with the review. I'm just curious, as a regional thing, would that review make a big impact on your business? What are people like in your area for reading reviews?

I'm not really sure Raj. It was the first review I've had on my google+ listing or whatever. I wouldn't think it would make a huge impact. I figure when people are happy it's pretty darn unlikely that they will bother searching out a way to review us. When people are pissed, they'll take the time to express that. So, I'm not really sure what people are like for reading reviews around here...

Sorry for caps guys but ITS ADVERTISERS IN GENERAL that are ripoff merchants, they know how to run scams, I've been burnt several times and was quite astounded at the level of cunning. I had a massive dispute with Yellow Pages that went to mediation, after the contract had run its course I called to ask for a reimbursement of around $120- the consultant was confused and they accidentally reimbursed me $1700.00, this was after the negotiated settlement, couldn't believe my luck with that one :D

I called to ask for a reimbursement of around $120- the consultant was confused and they accidentally reimbursed me $1700.00, this was after the negotiated settlement, couldn't believe my luck with that one :D

You didn't come clean on that?

That is interesting Nick.

I've heard that people with money can have things removed or kept off the web. You could search their name and find little or no info on them.

^ yes that is very true I know a guy who is a billionaire who keeps his name off the Forbes 400 list. He is worth 12-14 billion. His property on Lake Geneva has a $3 million annual maintenance budget every year and it gets spent every year. The guy plants over a 100,000 tulip bulbs every year and digs them out every year. Some of the stuff he does is pretty nuts but very impressive. For his birthday party he spends more money on fireworks than the city of Chicago does for the Fourth.

Talked to the previously mentioned owner. That girls shitty review was gone pretty quick. So, I deleted mine too. Woulda seemed kinda nuts without the other one for reference!

I'm on it Raj! Any contingencies or just address the situation in any manner I see fit?:/:

^ yes that is very true I know a guy who is a billionaire who keeps his name off the Forbes 400 list. He is worth 12-14 billion. His property on Lake Geneva has a $3 million annual maintenance budget every year and it gets spent every year. The guy plants over a 100,000 tulip bulbs every year and digs them out every year. Some of the stuff he does is pretty nuts but very impressive. For his birthday party he spends more money on fireworks than the city of Chicago does for the Fourth.

Are you his tree butler? That would be cool.

Back