killer workouts

Very interesting. I learned a long time ago that a good workout doesn't have to take long. 20 to 30 minutes, tops.

A couple of years ago, a company came out with an exercise machine that guaranteed results in only four minutes a day. The main problem? The $12,000 price tag. My car doesn't cost that much. I'm not sure I've ever spent that much on anything, including my education

Guess this guy knows what he is talking about. After all, he has a budget for his education and stuck with it!

Does make sense, sorta. I notice animals hardly ever go for sustained long term excercise, but when they do move, they put out alot of energy for a short time.

Oh dear lord.

I did 2 sets of thrusters w/ 10lb dumbers before deciding that I should probably go ahead and get that tree down before I try for the full 8.

Fairly certain I'll be chair bound this afternoon.

How I get my killer workout

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QmFZxNEuJH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QmFZxNEuJH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So you think it works?

When I said chair bound I meant I won't be doing anything but recovering for the rest of the weekend. Gotta grind stumps tomorrow, that shouldn't be too bad.

Even with my 2 measly sets I can tell there will be hell to pay after 8 full sets. I might only do 6 more as I have a removal Monday that's going to have me climbing hella hill all day. Would rather puss out and be comfy that day than be hurting all weekend and still feeling it on that fugly hill

8)

Not tried it yet but I reckon the tabata workouts would definitely benefit you. There is a lot to be said for interval training... reckon I m going to try it in a heavy bag with Kicks or punches for that extra added cardio. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you've got a heavy bag, you should try going all ot for three minutes (eggtimer works) or usually a song on the radio is about three mins. Then a min of rest and so on.....for as long as you can stand it...

If you've got a heavy bag, you should try going all ot for three minutes (eggtimer works) or usually a song on the radio is about three mins. Then a min of rest and so on.....for as long as you can stand it...

That is pretty much how i usually train (muay thai). 3 or 5 minute rounds 1 minute break either on heavy bag or pad sparring. Just fancied trying the tabata method to compare results. I have an interest in different training methods as i studied Bsc Exercise physiology about 12 years ago. :D before the trees got ahold :lol:

at my muay thai class the guy does tabata workouts but he mixes them up. 3 tabata workouts. he chucks in punches, push ups, knee hugs, knees, kicks.its tough

Jamie

oh i tried those squat thrusters. i did the following, 30 seconds of knee ups, 30 seconds of knee hugs, 30 seconds of 'hindu' squats, 30 secs of pressups then a rest then repeated. i then went into those squat thrusters with 10kg dumbells, did two sets then dropped down to 8 kg 'bells for the final 6 sets. i then went and did my usual gym workout......my legs have been tight and sore all day today. climbing hurts with sore quads

Jamie

oh i tried those squat thrusters. i did the following, 30 seconds of knee ups, 30 seconds of knee hugs, 30 seconds of 'hindu' squats, 30 secs of pressups then a rest then repeated. i then went into those squat thrusters with 10kg dumbells, did two sets then dropped down to 8 kg 'bells for the final 6 sets. i then went and did my usual gym workout......my legs have been tight and sore all day today. climbing hurts with sore quads

Jamie

Lotta good advice here. Butch w 20 to 30 min work outs. I add racquetball (hi level, been playing for 35 years) and running 30 to 40 mins.

Here is a great quad machine. Frank Zane Leg Blaster. Cost bout $375 when I bought it but prob more now. I do 3 sets of 10 with 400 lb. cheat squats.

Attachments

• DSC01280.JPG
    DSC01280.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 19
That's a weird looking contraption!

It is extremely effective and simple. I can tell what I get out of it by how good my racquetball game. Don't know if anyone is familiar with it but ball is traveling at 200 mph sometimes now.

Anyway, you just step into the shoulder harness and stand up with it and hold on to the handlebars after the unit is out of the stand. Then you do squats as normal and can cheat as much as you want. One set leaves me walking around the garage trying to catch my breath. Big muscle group involved.

Search Frank Zane Leg Blaster (shoulda got the link). He's an old body builder out your way I think. Great addition to any gym.

Back