jonsered 2135

PCTREE

Treehouser
anyone run this saw? is it just a husky 335 or is it the 338? how do they cut and what can you do to make them cut better? just picked one up off of ebay new for $275. I would rather have a 200t but at half the price and due to the fact that my groundie has driven over one and chipped one this year it is getting a little pricey:(

That's not the 200's fault.

Any employee that does that type of damage should pay at least half to replace it.

Oh ,I dunno . The little Stihl might be twice the price but many say it's twice the saw . Everybody has a different perspective though .

What's with this groundie any way ? Terminal dumbass .:(

i dinged my guys 100 bucks each from their safety bonus for backing over a 200t with the bucket. it looked like a rag doll

Well ,gather up all the parts .If you get enough you might be able to make a runner out of half a dozen or so . Damn ,that would be one saw for 3 grand :(

and a little bitty one too boot .

Sorry to say, but the 2135 is a detuned 335 (the Husky model is called the 334 now)......rated 2 hp, down from 2.2......

the 2139 is the one i have, it is a strong, reliable runner and faster than a 200T, once it has had its muffler ported. (Add a 9/16th tube on the middle of the bottom half of the muffler.) I got mine for $350 from a guy on AS who has a shop in NY........way cheaper than the 338 forsome reason, though its the same saw, save for some plastic and being prettier.....

I will be buying more 2139's...prolly never get another 200T....they're fine, but not worth it, not when the338/2139 is such a good saw...

Speed aside, how does the rest of the saw compare? My bos has a Husky either a 335 or 338, I'll have to check. It feels very awkward compared to my 020T, and the controls are also kinda funky.

Used to run a 338xpt while climbing. They really don't like to get banged around too much, the plastic breaks in the worst spots, and you get burned by the muffler, and zapped from the spark plug.
My 200t has seen some abuse, and it's still all in one piece.

Controls are in the same spot as 200T, and less prone to messing up.....

balance is stellar on the 200, for sure.....because the handle is so centered. Great, unless the extra reach is needed that the Husky provides....

Plug cover is now screwed on...and will stay unless it's broken by rough use...same goes for the muffler cover....other than that, the saw is sturdy. The stock muffler port is ridiculous the direction the gases are aimed. Add a second port, facing downward, problem solved...as is the lack of power.

Shape of saw is better for moving through a tight canopy.

Saw lanyard is better, won't break off.

The 2139 even has a side access chain tensioner...perhaps the new 338 does as well......

Sure the filter does plug up....but its quick and easy to clean...can even do it in the tree. Hard use means clean it during the day a time or two. Minor irritation.

Here's the video I made a while back, shows the huge gains from porting the muffler....and and unfair test against a 200T with a bum chain.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back