Jameson Pole Saw Hand Saw

I keep meaning to try the fly. You and me have similar styles Butch so I tend to trust your opinions. I got this xtc spearmint chit that I want to throw in the trash. Just bought it. Its like climbing on a bungee cord.

That saw could be useful for a bucket operator. Especially considering the new ANSI revision, which states a handsaw shall be carried by bucket operators.

Over the last many years Ive been making every effort to NOT one hand a chainsaw. In a bucket the temptation is too great when you need to cut and toss something. Having a good sharp handsaw allows you to cut with one hand and hold the limb with the other.

That saw could be useful for a bucket operator. Especially considering the new ANSI revision, which states a handsaw shall be carried by bucket operators.

ANSI Z133-2012 8.1.19 page 26. Hand saws should be taken by the climber/aerial device operator while working aloft. Hand saws aloft shall either have a scabbard or be of the folding type that covers the cutting teeth when closed.

ANSI Z133-2012 8.1.19 page 26. Hand saws should be taken by the climber/aerial device operator while working aloft. Hand saws aloft shall either have a scabbard or be of the folding type that covers the cutting teeth when closed.

It is also stated in rigging 8.14.18 " a hand saw shall be with a worker aloft to make or finish cuts."

Dave

I suspect you meant 8.4.18, not 8.14.18, but I agree it is interesting it is different than 8.1.19

It is also stated in rigging 8.14.18 " a hand saw shall be with a worker aloft to make or finish cuts."

Dave

It does seem like this would be a handy tool when working from the bucket. Pack a couple of poles, a chainsaw, and your good to go.

Here's a vid we made showing pretty much the same saw but now handle rotates to top.. Skip to 1:10 to get to the point.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Un1lqgWTcE

Thanks for starting the thread Bonner, it's appreciated.

Back