Its going to be a crane job...

Peterson Lightning Loaders and Prentice brands are fairly common around here. Bigger units, larger trucks. Most of the cities have a few of them on class 6 chassis (same size as my truck, up to 33K gvw).

And to answer Butch's question, I don't load logs by hand either. 8)

About four weeks for me, even with a mini! It wouldn't fit the 30" gate I had to drag brush out of!
Myself, I wont even hardly bid a job I can't get the mini in and out of anymore. Not sure if that makes me lazy or smart?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Jay, those crane trucks are a dime a dozen here, all from Japan! I use a guy with a 5 section 4 ton crane, I've ridden the hook on that one to 50' for some smaller pine takedowns. The whole thing fits in the dump bed and away we go. I have also used them to pick a whole palm tree, just cut it at the bottom and load it up.
Crane trucks are great I'll use them so I...shhhhh...don't have to quarter and load logs by hand...shhhh.
They go for $95 - $110 per hr, with the driver who will help load brush as well.

What are they doing with the chips, Jay?

Tom, all I know about is Paper and cardboard products, and ladies sanitary items one site says. I suppose you could also say food products, if you include the pot stickers that were imported here and there ended up being a big stink about....the pork having turned out to be cardboard. :roll:

They are really driving the price up for all timber related raw materials. A huge country but has a very limited supply of domestic timber resources.

I believe that they are purchasing from all over the world, an insatiable appetite for pulp. They like Eucalyptus for some reason, I assume that means from Australia.

Back