ITCC footlock

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 8K
TCCs aren't much like production climbing. They're just a good a way for climbers to get together and compete for the fun of it.

All of the top TCC climbers I've known are serious production climbers that will run the pants off a ground crew. You don't score on all 5 events of a TCC unless you're in great shape and can really frikkin climb.

And if you can't footlock, you're missing out on the fastest way to get into most canopy trees and get to work with the least mucking around with gear.

And if you can't footlock, you're missing out on the fastest way to get into most canopy trees and get to work with the least mucking around with gear.

I dont agree with that all.

I dont footlock because I cant, I dont because I feel there are better alternatives.

Nice! Hes gonna dig the wraptor! And find all kinds of ways to get in the tree with it

Huh... I think I just realize who Robert is. I learned how to set up speedlines from an old training video he climbed in. It was him and the Hobbs guy with the big mustache.

Too cool!

1400' feet in a day.......didnt' break a sweat. footlock that bitches:X:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Phillips should be on our Mt Rushmore of climbers

I've known Robert for quite a few years and competed with him many times. He's not exactly a speed ball but, known for his articulation and the way he presnts or approaches work or a climb.His ideas and experience many times will superseed a guy going a hundred miles an hour in the tree.Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Robert is one of these guys who has no wasted movements and that just comes from experience.As far as competetion climbing, I think he does it just for the love of it now and is not trying to beat anyone but to just have fun. Definatly a icon in the industry.

Thanks

Greg

It turns out Robert and I went to the same High School. I told him someone on the web loves him in a sort of a man crush semi-wholesome sort of way.

Robdog, you're to kind.

Sorry you were not around thirty years ago to film my faster times.

I appreciate it that you took the time to film me in Santa Rosa. It meant the world to my Mother when she saw them a few years back.

One for the archives for sure...

Hope to see you at the WCTCC this weekend ?

Back