Is this a deal?

SkwerI

Treehouser
Last week I ordered a brand new 395XP for about $1k plus shipping and will be getting it in a day or two. Today I spotted this Craigslist ad for a like-new 395XP for $600. Do you think it's a deal? Should I grab it just because? I have two of everything else....

He's about 50 miles from me. I'm waiting to hear back from him to see if I can come look at it tonight.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/tls/812221725.html

Doesn't sound terribly bad Brian. Not a "steal" IMO though. But I'm not really sure what the big Huskies sell for.

Your as bad as I am when comes to spending money on saws.:P:P

As long as you have the do ra me bucks to shell out for it and not be eating potato chips and hot dogs for the next month . go for it

You know how a saw should run and if meets your standards I don't see any harm in having two. If you get between a rock and a hard spot at least yo will have a spare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well then it sounds like I need to offer him $450, possibly $500 for it then. :lol:

A couple possibilities for the saw; I could send it off to get ported (not sure by whom at this point) after comparing it to the new 395 side-by-side, then I'll be able to compare the new 395 to this saw after porting as well. Or if I end up stormchasing then I'll probably have an opportunity to offload it for a small profit.

I like the 394 better. It seems like when they 'upgraded' that model, it just doesn't cut as well.

I wonder why someone would buy a $1,000 saw, use it 3 times, and then sell it for $600? :/:

Maybe it's better not to ask too many questions. :roll:

Dang, Brett. You sure know how to kill a buzz. :whine:

I wasn't considering that, but I'll see if he can show me how to start it when I go look at it. Still waiting for a callback. I'll also see if he will give me the serial number before I drive out there. I can imply that I can check it online.

I bought a used 395xp for 500 bucks
Its still running .
What do they cost new these days anyhow?

Jerry, I answered that in the first and fourth posts already. ;)

Looks like this guy checks his email twice a week or something. Who knows when he will respond to my last inquiry.

Well I certainly can't say aye or nay about what a person pays for a saw .

Being as tight as a bulls ass at fly time I wouldn't divey up that amount .Then too I don't use a saw to put beans on the table . I might add also that I need big saws about like I need another butt hole but I have 5 that are 100 cc's or over .Go figure .;)

Well I certainly can't say aye or nay about what a person pays for a saw .

Being as tight as a bulls ass at fly time I wouldn't divey up that amount .Then too I don't use a saw to put beans on the table . I might add also that I need big saws about like I need another butt hole but I have 5 that are 100 cc's or over .Go figure .;)

That must be pretty taxing on your skivvies Al!:D

All righty then!

Um, about that saw, For what it's worth Skwerl, I respect you being concerned that it might be a stolen saw (diss. about why use a saw a couple of times and then sell it).

Stolen crap I stay away from.
Guy in my town was bragging the other day about how the saw he bought cost him a pack of cigs.

All I could think about was the guy who bought that saw to make a living and now he cant.

Well, Brian, I also think $600 seems a bit too much. But, then, there was that like new 660 for about that, available out my way. A better saw, IMO....the oiler problem is a non issue, simply replace it with a high output one.....the 660's are way lighter, and with dual port muffler, cut plenty fine.

Here's my craigslist score from yesterday: Ported, and with a 7900 jug like my other two, it will cut with a stock 395, as you know.. and it cost me $150 so far.
2820009017_f734839458_o.jpg

RB...
That was a fine price!

Got any more?
:D

Let me know if you get tired of it wone day, i got a nice spot for it here if you like after it is done!

Well I never heard back from the guy so I'll never get the chance to see it or make an offer. No big loss, my brand-spankin-new ported 395XP is currently in a box on a brown truck heading this way. I'll get it on Friday. :big-dance2:

Back