Ipad 2 screen

Husabud

TreeHouser
Has anybody broken the glass on an ipad? I slipped on some ice today and my ipad got away from me. Result: one very broken glass. I've checked online and found ipadscreenrepair.com. I was just wondering of any other options.

My wife bought me an iPad for my birthday a few years ago. I'd had it about a week when she tried to swat a fly with the back of her hand.
The diamond on her finger split the screen all the way across.
Damnit!
Never bothered to fix it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Butch. The only thread related to Apple at all was from 2008. Thanks for the link though. That site i found seems to be the best option so far. Old mill, I am not sure about shipping, but it looks like about $160 US for a complete repair. Or they will send you a repair kit to do it yourself.

I had good luck with the theihospital in Atlanta

This is a bit apples to oranges but right now I actually have my iphone 4s in a million pieces due to a broken screen. I bought an "OEM" replacement screen off ebay that's a heaping pile of dung. There was a scratch in the screen which I could deal with since I'm fairly rough on my stuff and just want it working.

However, when I went to plug all the stuff back in the ribbon for the display function of the screen pulled out. Not happy. Right now I have the old broken screen plugged in so I can see what's on the screen, and the new screen's touch function ribbon plugged in. I had to look at one and finger around on the other. I was able to enter my passcode this way and am currently backing it up.

Watch some videos on youtube to try and decide if it's something you want to tackle yourself and if you decide to (it's really not THAT bad if you keep track of parts) make SURE you get the replacement from a reputable place. I should have known better after all all these years. "OEM" on ebay means nothing.

Since I need a phone and can't wait to source a working screen I'm going to pick up another phone tomorrow. PITA. Good luck with the repair.

Thanks Adam. I picked up a replacement glass locally for $90 and will attempt it tomorrow night. FWIW, there is a kiosk at a local mall that does the iPhone for $100 with the glass. He did two in the time I was there watching, roughly 20 min.

That dude is fast! The youtube video I was watching while I was doing it was about 10 minutes and really helpful. I paused it enough to probably get to 30-40 min and I was right on track until the ribbon pulled out. I ended up just getting a new 4s for 100 from at&t since we had an available upgrade on our plan.

I *might* consider getting another screen off a dead 4s on ebay. I don't want to admit defeat.... yet :)

Good luck with it tonight... lots of white paper to keep track of screws and sleeping kids and you should be good to go!

Well that was a fiasco. Replacing a screen is certainly not difficult, you just have to really be careful where they say to. My screen wasn't just cracked, it was shattered into thousands of pieces that didn't want to release from Apple's space tape.

It works. Thanks Adam.

I've been fiddling with that Kindle Fire my daughter got me . I've drawn a conclusion I don't have the patience to deal with that little SOB .

Back