Interesting quotes

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 7K
"Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason" - Jerry Sienfeld

"But I also made it clear to [Russian President, Vladimir Putin] that it's important to think beyond the days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up the world would be safe."

George W. Bush

Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes without seeking and is retained without effort.
Mohandas Gandhi

learn something everyday, I caught the name in the second quote from your posty Blinky, I never realized that the name "Mahatma Ghandi" was earned rather than his birth name.
from freedictionary.com:
"ma·hat·ma (m-hätm, -ht-)
n.
1. In India and Tibet, one of a class of persons venerated for great knowledge and love of humanity.
2. Mahatma Hinduism Used as a title of respect for a person renowned for spirituality and high-mindedness."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If your rich, your eccentric. If your poor, your crazy.

learn something everyday, I caught the name in the second quote from your posty Blinky, I never realized that the name "Mahatma Ghandi" was earned rather than his birth name.
from freedictionary.com:
"ma·hat·ma (m-hätm, -ht-)
n.
1. In India and Tibet, one of a class of persons venerated for great knowledge and love of humanity.
2. Mahatma Hinduism Used as a title of respect for a person renowned for spirituality and high-mindedness."

Cool, I didn't know that either.

I think this one is interesting considering when it was said and how things are now...

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson

Back