Interesting quotes

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 7K
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive.

I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.

Experiences of our past lives perculate in our subconscious minds and become either wanted or unwanted characteristics in this life?" Parmansa Yogananda

Insanity is repeating the same actions over and over, and expecting different results.
-heard in the rooms of AA

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-6L_hT3QtQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-6L_hT3QtQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Insanity is repeating the same actions over and over, and expecting different results.
-heard in the rooms of AA

I say that one at least once a week.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
- Thomas Jefferson

A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
- Oscar Wilde

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin

"Stop hating the world, and the world won't hate you back." -Trent Chau

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin

"See, free nations do not develop weapons of mass destruction."
George W. Bush

"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."
Erwin Rommel

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
Erwin Rommel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Did Groucho Marks say this?

Water!?, Water?! I can't drink water, fish go to the bathroom in water!

---W.C. Fields

"look where you are going, not where you have been", me, teaching jr forklift operators.

"I can make it look better, I cant make it look good" me, to various clients.

"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.”
Douglas Mcarthur
more quotes from Douglas

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.
- Billy Crystal

Blessed is he who expects little.

Leave the thinking to the horses, they have bigger heads.

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

'There's only one thing worse than being talked about............and that's not being talked about.'

'The definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result'.

'Don't drink water.....fish f*ck in it'.

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

ROTFL.gif

A few I like...
"I cannot be concerned that the man down the street charges less. I must trust that he knows best what his goods and services are worth".

Abe Lincoln

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves." William Pitt

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. -Colin_Powell

If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees. -Hal Borland

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."-Ambrose Redmoon

"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." -Michael Pritchard

It is with our passions as it is with fire and water, they are good servants, but bad masters. -Aesop

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis

Back