Insect and bites

That looks like WAY more than $75 worth of labor in digging cutting and chain replacement.
Looks like you found yourself a decent saw though, what model is that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have done most of the work, so I finish it. It was a learning experience. I inform the home owner that each other stump will have to be grin, to be pay individually or as a lot, estimated and work by a independent contractor.

How old is that saw bar? That show more wear that mine over years. Heavy wear and tear on your saw overall, if the bar is looking like that.

The bar heat up , I did not use the tool to keep the cut open, as I cut the top of the trunk ,there was some smoke, over all, just the paint is what you see as wear and tear, sharpen the chain ones, felt it need it. did cut like butter after. I may leave that chain for those possible trunk jobs, no looking to do any,but who knows . Any way I got 2 new one for each saw.

You've worn your bar and chain, too. You have mushroom-ing on the bar and chain, almost undoubtedly. Always cut sharp. If you ever see smoke, you should have stopped and sharpened a while ago. Just something to learn from.

Give you credit Jose, you persevered till the end! Sounds like you have better options for next time though, less effort on your part and less wear and tear on your gear.

A sharp chain is one thing but you have to clean the bar groove out every so often to let the bar oil do its job.

A flat file, about 12", held flat against the bar sides, then perpendicular, will also work. That's a good tool, but basically a fancy file holder.

Sometimes, one rail gets more wear than the other, particularly with a new sawyer, it seems. Maybe not holding the saw by the balance point of the handlebar.

I uess I must be doing it wrong.
I use an angle grinder with a rubber back plate and a 150 grit sanding whatzamacallit.
Zip-zip-zip-zip, done!

Look, this may help me, is cheap and may work properly, it supposed to be hammer into a stump, if it do not work properly, I will use it with the clamp to keep it in place.

Attachments

• 20151224_213205.jpg
    20151224_213205.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 33
Back