idiot people

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK so a couple months ago I got a call to bid a BIG dead oak with extensive basal decay. Tree was leaning towards the neighbors house. The only way I could see to take it down was if we put the crane in the neighbors front yard, which was a mess anyway . Would have to come up and over an old stump covered in ivy and weeds. Gave the customer a bid and explained we would have to use neighbors yard which I figured wouldnt be an issue as the tree was going to fall on their house. Long story short the neighbor called me and said he needed a legal document drawn up to state we would be responsible for ANY damage to his yard. I told him that I would in noway do that and that now I knew he was going to be disagreable I wouldnt be doing the tree.
2 weeks later and he calls back and says we can use his yard. I reminded him that I wasnt going to do the tree as I didnt need the stress.

Your story is just too funny just because I can relate totally.

It reminds of a job awhile back, customer's big maple leader fell in a storm on neighbor's garage roof, customer called me to have it removed, I declined simply due to being too booked to remove the limb in a timely fashion which I presumed it obviously needed. A few weeks later I noticed limb was still there on roof which I thought was odd but whatever. Customer called and asked me again and I said ok since the storm clean up had wound down by then. Custy said do it and we exchanged "400 emails" working out the date and that we'd need to use neighbor's driveway for crane, bucket, chipper. Custy advised me things were all set and so we arrived at 7:10 am on the appointed day and see the driveway is full of cars. The crane shows up while I move the bucket truck into position near garage and have my guy knock on the door and ask the neighbor (let's refer to him as "Butt" here after) to move the cars, he reports back to me that Butt has a huge attitude. Butt indeed comes out surly and saying garbage to the effect he didn't know we were coming and he needs to see an insurance cert. and I say.... well, I started off fully 100% civil and things went downhill from there. 2 or 3 minutes into our 'conversation' I suddenly went to Condition Red and said "ok frig this friggin' shit we are out of here". One of those things where I was so pissed that I was trembling.

So as I'm packing up the bucket truck and Butt realizes the limb is about to stay on his roof for yet longer, he changes his tune and says ok you can send insurance cert later, etc etc. I say frig you we are out. We packed up and left and went and did jobs for people who aren't c*nts. Smh.
F'g people. :rockhard:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory, we are literally the only company in town that is capable if doing that job since we had to drive the crane up the bank and over a stump that is behind the garbage tote covered in debris in the picture. Im tired of bitch ass people whining about stupid shit and not appreciating what our capabilities are. Yes it was about 2 months from my discussion with the neighbor and it going down. I even had another tree company call me and ask why I wouldnt do it !

Hmm, that could be interesting.

PC looks free and clear all the way around of course but perhaps the neighbor can sue the tree owner for not removing the hazardous tree and the tree owner can argue he took measures to do it but the neighbor stymied it.

My sister in law works for a law firm in GA, they have a case where " a guy owed a tree service and he needed trees cut down at his house so he sent a new guy to Home Depot to rent a lift, kid got electrocuted doing the job so his family is suing more or less everybody including Depot"

I said how is Depot liable and she said they aren't but this happens all the time, people will go after every deep pocket and it's probably easier and cheaper for Depot to just kick them some loot to make them go away rather than fight it out in court.

Back