ID this tree.

Our publications recommend that interior twigs be removed per need to lessen the imbalance between water uptake and transpiration, which can mean decreased vitality of the whole crown. This is generally accepted in our conditions, so they also call for removing some of the epicormic shoots in the lower part of the crown .

I do not think this one needs any of that.....
Nice read though
Actually that WAS the czech standard, but they (Jack) were going to change it based on dendro's advice:

“As Ashley said, the leaves were in my hand,” I reminded my apprentice. “It is the loss of leaves that forced the tree to make more of those food factories, as fast as it could. In the nursery, too many lower branches were removed, to make these trees look more saleable. After planting, the contractor removed even more lower and interior growth. This crown raising and thinning resulted in: less sugar--food--made by the leaves, less shade and nutrient recycling for the roots, and less shade on the stem, to prevent sunscald!”
“Pruning at planting time is not always a problem—excessive transpiration can be a concern. It is a question of dose. Rapid removal of lower branches is ‘Raising Cain’. Much of our research indicates, and many of our publications recommend, that these lower and interior branches should remain. We should be our branches' keepers, if we are Abel . Removing more branches of a troubled tree is like the medieval medical method of ‘bleeding’ the patient to remove disease. To find a prescription, look to Electra’s person,” I hinted.
“Excuse me?” Electra pulled back, and narrowed her gaze.
I pulled back as well, and clarified myself. “As Ashley also said, it is better not to get your hair cut again, until it resumes its natural waviness. The tree must also slow its sprouting and resume its normal growth habit before restoration pruning takes place”
“Ohhh, I get it,” Electra relaxed, and Codit smiled. Ashley drifted away.
“Detective Dendro, your team’s work has helped us restore the loss of these valuable trees,” Jack said, shaking my hand. “How can we repay you?”

Back