I want to hear

• Thread starter Banned by Squirrels
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
dunno, I just figure if our house uses a little less, its not a bad thing :)

No it isn't a bad thing-but it probably isn't going to change the world economy either. If 2 million people did all of their cell phone charging in their vehicles it might save enough electricity to power three 60 watt encandescent bulbs each day and result in 7 more traffic fatalities per year.(Yes I pulled those figures out of the air -just like every other pie in the sky fanatic that fails to calculate the unknowable unintended consequences of any sweeping policy change.)

The economy here is on a slight upswing with a few new industries opening up.

I'm making more money (and paying off debt) this year as compared to last. Winter/first quarter was slow, but otherwise we (I) am ticking along nicely. I have about 2 weeks of work to do and a goodly bit of work done but collected. I haven't finished one of the jobs yet as they keep adding stuff to it, I'm finishing up next week and dropping them a killa bill.

I have stopped working in outlaying areas unless they can stomach a higher price. I tell them a minimum over the phone to work in their town and then refer them to someone who is local to them. There are a couple of people referring stuff back to me so it works well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
attachment.php
164341428_3243f50012.jpg

Looks like a match made in heaven...

Sure it's clean, except for the spent fuel rods, oh and the super-heated water pumped back into the source river that kills everything for miles... :roll:

Hey we'll have hundreds of millions of years to figure out what to do with the waste products. Where's the down side?

attachment.php
164341428_3243f50012.jpg

Looks like a match made in heaven...

Sure it's clean, except for the spent fuel rods, oh and the super-heated water pumped back into the source river that kills everything for miles... :roll:

one of those guys who wants clean energy but shoots every idea down? looking on wiki theres some good info, im no scientist but i think most of the fears are unfounded. can we launch waste into the sun? its already radioactive, or into deep space? i dont know, its beyond me but the water temp can be mitigated im sure, shoot were into a global cooling trend for the next 10 years right?:D

When you take the cost of decommissioning the nuke plants into consideration they don't look so attractive. Wind is practical and solar is quickly getting there.

There are lot's of possibilities but the buisness as usual companies aren't all that interested.

What's kind of ironic is my pic that was quoted is the reservoir for a hydro electric damn here in BC.:D

jeeze, all the trees under water, owl homes and such, flooded for a little comfort on your part. you should be ashamed justin:)

Trust me if I should be ashamed it shouldn't be for that. Let's just say I've left a lasting impression on the earth.:D

Back