I need pictures

• Thread starter BostonBull
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 3K
B

BostonBull

I am looking to see how everyone who uses an Altec 75' rear mount, mounts their toolboxes on the truck. The way the elevator is mounted doesn't make for an easy setup for boxes. I am used to running a hi ranger with ample bin space, and I am now running an Altec with a Job box mounted on it for my gear! eeek!

Any pics or links for ideas greatly appreciated!

Odds are that few here has even seen an Altec elevator bucket, never mind used one. How about you post pictures of your truck instead. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The thing is a montrosity, the elevator is mounted lengthwise and eats up the whole bak of the truck. I am trying to come up with idea for useful bin space on the truck.

Does it look something like this?
http://www.nueco.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=6647891E-02X6K13K2008J6I10I07JPMQ4021R0&veh=879345

VP879345_3.jpg

The rear mount Altecs I've seen either have a flatbed with no boxes or a utility body with a crapload of boxes (like the power company trucks). Buy the kind with the utility body.

Ive used the 75' altec.....was not rear mount though...That bucket kicks ass:D

Why can't you just throw some side-opening boxes down the sides of the bed? Looks like you have enough room to set them without blocking the vents for the lift. If necessary you can put more across the back and/or a couple hanging under the bed sides.

Under the deck MAY be the spot.

Skwerl.....there is the hydro setup right in fron of the lift making a pas through set-up impossible. We can only fit 10 alturna mats between there!

Ill try to get some pics tomorrow.

Let me see.

Here's a few pics of the old one.
It had to be 75' in height. Tons of storage.
I loved driving that thing around like a cross between a bus and a cadillac.
Great stereo.

Here's a few pics of the new one.
We mounted a double long diamond plate tool box across the back of it.
parralel with the bumper but fastened atop the deck there.
We store 8 ms200's in it.

We use the truck like a mobile tool box.
We can carry everything in that thing.

It's quite the pokey puppy though on the hills.

Attachments

• IMG_0342_1024x768.jpg
    IMG_0342_1024x768.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0661_768x1024.jpg
    IMG_0661_768x1024.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0325_768x1024.jpg
    IMG_0325_768x1024.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0329_768x1024.jpg
    IMG_0329_768x1024.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0332_1024x768.jpg
    IMG_0332_1024x768.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0333_1024x768.jpg
    IMG_0333_1024x768.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 9
BB-
Not between the cab and body, but down the sides. Just like the utility body style boxes. Why do you need pass through boxes anyway?

That might work but we would have to cut through the diamond plate bed, which isnt the best solution. We have one skinny long box on one side that you have to get ON the truck to get saws out of MAJOR PITA!

No, you're not hearing me. Go buy some of the boxes that you would normally hang under a dump body or flatbed or whatever. The kind that open from the SIDE. Set them on the sides of the bed and screw them down to the bed. If you need more storage, hang a couple more on the underside of the bed or set a big one across the back of the bed. You have a 12' bed there with a big brick in the middle. Work around the brick.
:|:

Something that might look like this style:
MainImage_PH_SteelDoor.jpg

That might work but we would have to cut through the diamond plate bed, which isnt the best solution. We have one skinny long box on one side that you have to get ON the truck to get saws out of MAJOR PITA!

Probably be better off cutting it up and outfitting it right.... Either a saddle pac or some big side boxes, or both.

Here is how its set-up now. You cant get anything out of these bins without getting ON the truck.

I am thinking a standup box cut into the side on the drivers side for hanging ropes etc, and one long double door box that opens to the side on the drivers side. Then maybe flipping the current box on the drivers side so it opens down, or putting a double door box on that side as well.

Thoughts?????

Attachments

• DSC02774.JPG
    DSC02774.JPG
    885.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02775.JPG
    DSC02775.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 10
Why not replace those with High Side Weatherguard toolboxes? They open from the side not the top, seems pretty simple.

Or just sell the truck to me for cheap.

Why not replace those with High Side Weatherguard toolboxes? They open from the side not the top, seems pretty simple.

Or just sell the truck to me for cheap.

Ill get aprice for you, I hate this truck! The controls are backwards from a Hi Ranger and dont make sense once you're used to the hi rangers. I also dont like how the elevator is mounted.

Back