I don't like being in the sun..

flushcut

TreeHouser
I have a giant stump tomorrow a good 9 footer in the middle of a black top parking lot so I bring shade with me. Image 1.jpg

I do the same thing with my little 252! I guess I'll have to get a pic now. I always thought I was missing a link or something.:lol:

Nice one!

The guys on the asphalt laying machines do it here...and the guys going down the inspection holes in the ground...little umbrella over the manhole

I saw two cops pulled up side by side with windows down in the rain a couple of days ago. One had an umbrella clamped on his window to keep the rain off them while they talked.

I too dislike the sun, and figure too much exposure will cause issues over time. Also the dust has got to be rough on the lungs and sinuses.

Since buying the Carlton 7015 nearly 3 months and 90 hours ago, I've ground many a stump from the air conditioned comfort of my truck or the track loader. I'm looking forward to grinding from inside the customer's house.:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sadly no it's a pile of chips. I got lucky when I got there it was about a foot higher than I like so sawed off some to expose a nice big patch of rot. So it ended up just being a foot and a half / two foot rind all the way around.

We used to use a guy that had a parasol attached to his rayco. Looked kinda funny but it worked for him.

A lot of people put umbrellas in the mast of their WoodMizer sawmills. I have a remote, so it wouldn't do me much good to watch the umbrella leave with the sawhead when making a cut.:lol: I can't take being out in the sun anymore. I work in my garage when it's hot, then go to the mill when the sun is low in the sky.

I don't do well in the sun, either, and try to plan work around where the sun is going to be during the day so I don't have to be in it.

We used to use a guy that had a parasol attached to his rayco. Looked kinda funny but it worked for him.

I still remember the first time I heard that word.... I was about 10 years old, and there was an elderly couple my folks used to visit with from time to time. They were preparing to go somewhere one day while we were there, and it was threatening to rain. The old gentleman said something about getting a parasol....he was old, and didn't speak very clearly at times. I heard "power saw", and wondered what in the world he needed with a power saw to go to town....:lol:

Back