• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 6K
R

RIVERRAT

I may have all ready posted asking about this saw.....Anywho
Any one using it? Have any thoughts?

I'm thinking it may be the best midsize saw made right now.
Beating out the Stihl counterpart {362} by a good margin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heard a lot folks say they like the 560.

We have the 562 and it is turning into my crews favorite saw. Its always the first one they grab. No issues with it yet. We have had it since January.

We got one about a month ago. kicks ass so far, light weight, slim design, lots of power. but it's only been a month,

No matter how you call'em...

Great is the power of the Dark Side of the Saws.

I haven't run any "new" Husqvarna's in quite some time. The only 4 Husqvarnas I have under my belt are a 359, 372XP, 381XP and a 395XP.

I like Husqvarna saws... ran some good ones... just never owned one.

Gary

Is there a difference between 562 and 560?

560 didn't impress me much.

Thats interesting to hear you say that Magnus, you are one of my saw advice legends, so I'd be interested on your negative thoughts following so many positive ones from elsewhere.

I ask as its quite current with me as I thought the 560 needed more time on the market over here before I'd buy one. There were some early issues with it, and in the meantime I managed to find a new/old stock MS361 that hasnt proven a good buy, so I'm very open minded at the moment.

I'm still rocking a modded Husky 242xp. My favorite saw for small to mid size work. Love the high rpms. I don't know about the newer models, but I would feel handicapped without that one. I can honestly say that I take very good care of it too, pretty much always clean before the next use. Sticking on a larger carb really helped matters out too.

Those 2 series saws seem to be some of the finest tools a man could use Jay. I have really come to feel strongly about that.

Those 2 series saws seem to be some of the finest tools a man could use Jay. I have really come to feel strongly about that.
My "2 series" 1993 Husky 272XP I bought last year which had up to then never cut a stick a wood is a very fine tool also.

Recently I just replaced all the rubber mounts with the factory soft mounts, installed a new factory HD airfilter, brought the weight down to below my 372XP by replacing the dual steel dogs with a single aluminum smooth bumper and removing the inertia weight from the chainbrake lever.

I put a 16" b/c on it and this saw is a real blast to use. Like the 346/562/560 my 272 has a outboard clutch making it a very well balanced handling 72cc saw. The 272XP has as much balls as the 372 plus is more compact in size and better handling with the better centered b/c.

Now I see why Husqvarna still manufactors this 20 yr old design saw in other parts of the world to sell along side the 372XP [Excellent alternative]. But to help keep the 372XP sales even they detuned the 272XP.

SDC12304.JPG SDC12302.JPG SDC12331.JPG SDC12328.JPG

The 2 series are simply world class saws. No question about it. Think about it, 272, 288, 242, 2100, 268, etc. Those are incredible tools.

Is there a difference between 562 and 560?

Thats interesting to hear you say that Magnus, you are one of my saw advice legends, so I'd be interested on your negative thoughts following so many positive ones from elsewhere.

I ask as its quite current with me as I thought the 560 needed more time on the market over here before I'd buy one. There were some early issues with it, and in the meantime I managed to find a new/old stock MS361 that hasn't proven a good buy, so I'm very open minded at the moment.

I ran the 560 a bit in fresh 10" birch with 13" bar last summer.
It got really hot after about 10 cuts. So hot it made the ticking noises you sometimes hear when it is way too hot and aluminum stretches.
Usually just before it gets damages.
It is a lot like the 262. Not much differences and is NOT a felling saw.
It gets too hot when felling. It needs the high rpm without load when limbing to cool of between the cuts.

Ever since 357 came out in '00 the saws seem to get out too fast.
They are not done and get tested in field at consumers expense.
The 357 that came first was a pain as well and the ones made in fall '01 as a lot better.

Testing should be done before series production. They loose a lot of customers that get saws they are not pleased with.
I guess it is worth it as they do it over and over again....

Many thanks for that Magnus, I do appreciate your opinion.

Over here there are many arbs shouting the 560's cutting speed over anything else at 60cc, but I hear they dont like bigger bars. Largest stock bar is 18" wereas stihl will run 20" on 3/8 and cope too.

I guess running the 560 in woodland stands will be a different test than the Arb world, but to be honest I'd be much happier with an all rounder.

"All rounder" is a relative concept.

To get a good limbing saw you need rpm and fast acceleration.
A good felling saw should have a strong work rpm, lots of torque and combining the two in a small package is not easy.

I don't like these fresh air (X-torq/Stratocharge) engines.
I like the new ignitions with floating timing and I even think the auto tune system combined with this in a conventional engine would be the perfect thing.

I hope they get them going, but so far it is not better than the older saws.

Totally with you about the all rounder. Seems over the last few years as a result of the search for the low emission perfect saw, we have ended up with a high percentage of these "revvy" saws, and the old fashioned "grunt" has fallen by the wayside slightly.

I still run a muffler modded ms360, that I still have a massive affection for and is probably my allrounder. This is the saw I want to replace. The 361 I recently bought is not even going to fill its shoes.

Back in the eighties, looking back we were probably quite mad, we used one model of saw as an all rounder. It was the old favourite 181, later the 281. At any one time we ran at least three of them, wheelding 16", 20" and 28" bars. Allround saws they were, you just picked up the right one for the trees you were working with8)

Back