Husqvarna T540 XP stop switch

ATEC15

TreeHouser
So I was given this saw from my general foreman to be used at work. Everything runs great but the stop switch is broke. It's a "hand me down" from other workers that quit the company. Right now there's a zip tie to keep it from popping out. Only way to turn off the saw is by using the choke. I don't know much about repairing chainsaws, but I'm willing to try just because it's a switch. Can anyone here direct me on how to fix this?

d1317d4a261476bfeb90cc15b1abb770.jpg

bfd53b702bf5ed54ffd266400e13fe13.jpg

It may not even be broken, the previous operator may have had a bad habit of accidentally turning it off in the cut, so he locked it out.
Or if it is broken just buy a new switch and swap it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It just pops out by prying it with a screwdriver? or is there certain screws to be removed? That switch is a auto return, so I'm thinking it may be connected to something on the inside to always have it on the start position

Not sure if you are aware, if not, just some friendly info, it is a safety requirement that an arborist climbing chainsaw can be shut off while holding the handle, usually by the thumb. Just in case you get handed more hand-me-downs and expected to work with them. ;)

Thanks for the info. anyone knows where I could purchase the switch. I'm from Hawaii so I'll need to order it online, but I don't see any American websites with it.

Husky Switch is easy R&R ...I have actually even taken apart the plastic switch and fixed them as they break two different ways. Been broke as Mother Theresa and used two old ones to make one work. The drag of choke killing saws is the extra pulls ... Now you are on way to needing a new starter. More expensive than the three dollar switch.

Do I need to just disconnect the 2 wires and install a new switch?

b43a3b8022ca5970bf526974ee965b9a.jpg

Yup, looks like they should just slide off from the bottom. Meaning pull straight down on them.

Most often the little red plastic piece topside breaks off one of the two little guides inside underneath. I have pried them apart , fished out the broken piece and put a used but good one in it's place.

I'll have to wait until Monday to give treestuff a call. No where sells them with U.S. currency accept honeybros, but they want to charge $70+ for shipping to hawaii....WTF!!!

37427dead37f2b38670a83622320cea7.jpg

Gonna check with treestuff tomorrow, if they can't hook it up then I'll order it from baileys with the wait time.

Damn , nine Shekels plus shipping...didn't know switches went up. Most all my Husky's use the same switch , only difference is some use the retention screw , most pop right out. You will be happy to get away from the Choke Kill.

Back