Husqvarna supply line issues

Altissimus

TreeHouser
my buddy blew up his 562XP , went to our dealer to replace it yesterday. Usually has plenty saws but not this time , not days , not weeks , but months until he can get them. Highly unusual situation. Wound with a 255 which is not an XP but better than no saw I guess. We both generally always buy XP models. Wonder what's up as I believe they manufacture in three countries , wtf ? I wonder if Stihl has any similar issues ...

My dealer (Stihl & Echo) told me a few weeks ago, anything bigger than a MS261 is 4-8 months out, if he's lucky. I grabbed one of his last 261s, and he told me he might see 2 more in 6-8 weeks time. He said his Stihl rep said the factories can't get the parts.

On other forums I've been hearing of supply issues for awhile now. Last year when I got my fs460 brushcutter it took about a month, when a year or two before my dealer said he could get it next day. Anyone that doesn't have a decent collection of backup saws, should probably look into getting whatever they can to hedge against being caught with nothing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know loggers that buy 372's a couple few at a time for that reason ... and that was way before all this

A couple months ago a neighbor was trying to get a 660. None available. Ended up with online order of a 572xp because none locally.

Funny thing about the 562 , ran a demo for several weeks when they first came out. Great saw really but I just can't get behind a computer chip running my saw. My big dog is a 372 (have bought new and killed at least five others over the years) a classic really ... Couple of mid sized and of course three climb saws model now discontinued ... Hi Lo screws forever

I haven't even unboxed them yet. I'm hoping that the earlier autotune issues and hot start problems are a thing of the past. We have some thinning projects to do and smaller 60 cc saws will be nice.

We run a few 550xp and 572xp saws.
Elevation changes are 4000ft-9000ft.
The auto tune usually works itself out, but it’s not hard to calibrate for different altitudes.

Nelson at the shop claims ALL the problems have been solved. Into the second year of sales in North America before they did though , he has the exact cutoff for serial numbers before and after ... says to be careful on Ebay to avoid the early ones

My guess is it's production ... have seen in the past events where homeowners , pros , municipalities , all hit the saw shops and everything dissapeared. Hurricane Bob on the Cape , massive ice storm here , Hurricane Sandy , didn't take but a few days to have everything back in stock. Couple clicks on the mouse and phone calls , done. Stock was waiting in the warehouses , which obviously is not the case now

What is 255?

Husqvarnas production/assembly here is affected as parts they buy in are harder to get. Kids in China perhaps need a banana break.
Political situation affects as well as pandemic ripples and experiences.
Much easier before when they did stuff here. But this is how they want it done so...

Another thing that affect is transports between Husqvarna and distributors as Husqvarna USA. They don't send boxes, or even pallets, just containers.
If they wait on stuff ordered, container(s) wait, not box or pallet.
As they arrive in US its not just to grab it and run it has to get in, organized and out. Can take a while that too.

The entire supply side economics ,world wide has been in a tail spin .There are shortages of nearly everything although some could be merely a method to increase prices because of alleged shortages .It reminds me of the late 1970's .That might I remind concerning home heating caused a resurgence of fire wood burning .That's just one example of many .It's became an ever changing world that is difficult to second guess before it happens .

Exactly..our local wood stove dealer could not keep enough stoves in stock to supply the large demand. Each shipment was sold before the truck made it to the parking lot.

Ed

Last year my buddy waited 9 months to take delivery of his cook stove. He was saying that the factory could not keep up with demand.

Back