Husky T540I XP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I wish they were lighter like the little Echo. I didn't even notice it said excluding bar and chain in specs. but I did notice it was only .14 kg heavier than the 535i which I would think compares to the 536i which I have now.

I also checked my batts which I thought were the bigger batt at one time. They are 4.2 ah and 150's not 200. So when I go up to a 200x battery it should be as much cut time or more with more power.

Will have to wait for supper light graphene batteries in the future to lighten up the 540.

I get so stinkin mad at these stupid saw companies who claim to have an electric product that is actually worth a darn, and then "equip" them (if that is the right word) with this garbage turd of a safety chain wich a decent old lady would hardly use to trim her fingernails with.

Let me get this straight. 1) Arborist top handle saws in the 90's are all equipped with semi-chisel because it is supposed that less power is required to pull it through the kerf. 2) Around 2007 Stihl introduces 63ps3, which is the first full-chisel chain for a top-handle, and then 63ps later comes out, and, of course, everyone LOVES it because, of course, even though full corner takes a tiny bit more power to pull... it works about a billion times better. 3) Stihl comes out with an electric turd... garbage, home-owner, semi-chisel, safety chain. Stihl upgrades their saw... same chain. Husky makes one... same chain. Husky upgrades their electric saw... same chain. But then!... 3) Husky comes out with the ALL NEW t540 li comparable to it's gass driven counterpart!... you guessed it... same garbage, homeowner, semi-chisel safety chain.:barf:

Perhaps we see a break in battery development that makes it more useble, but until it outperform the combustion engin it will be on second place all the time.
In some jobs I can understand its use, perhaps I should say with some users it can work better.
But for me and what I do with saws I need more umpf. I can't keep up with my other battery stuff, keep forgetting to charge batteries...
I had an old electric cord saw I tested some years ago that had enough power, but it was super heavy.

This saw is simply amazing. If you get a chance to try one, do.

Someone said they wouldn't bore cut (previous model didn't) so I tried it today. I have never had any saw and chain compo bore so aggressively.

I've put a bunch more time in with my T540i XP. It is an amazing saw. If you own the previous model Husky try one of these in wood. If you have been waiting for battery saws to get better, they have.

I love this thing and consider it first for all my top handle needs. Strong aggressive cutting, enough battery life to get me through most or all of a morning trimming before a batt change, quiet running.

In the market for a new topper, I have the older husky battery saw which I like but isn’t a true takedown saw.

I will have a look.

I have two of the older saws and I was just going to move one to permanent chipper duty for crippling the occasional crotch. But, I have to tell you, it's going to be hard to put up with its impotence knowing that there is a knew stud on the block. Likewise with the four older tech batteries I have.

By the way the new batteries and charger are fully backwards compatible. And the heavier 300 older battery is able to deliver power quickly enough to run the new 540i saws at full power.

See, that's interesting... a young guy named Caleb at our shop has a new 540i, but he's just runnin his batteries out of his old saw like a dummy, so we have to clear idea of the thing's actual potential. Lackluster at best.

Yeah. I ran my 200x battery dry the other day and while up in the tree pulled the old style 150 battery out of my pole saw to make a few more cuts before done for lunch. It cut better than my previous model Husky batt saw (Maybe chain combo cuts better) but no where near as good as with a proper battery.

The 300 batteries deliver the higher power too.

I have been running the T540i xp for 6 months with the 300 battery. Prior to this saw I was running a CS355T. Both have 14" bars. The wood I cut is, in decreasing volume order, ash, maple and red oak. In my opinion, both saws have enough power and I have not had to change a battery before needing a bigger saw.
I have gone back to the echo lately because I keep dulling chains. It is like 10 sharpenings on the husky pixel chain for a single touch up on the echo. Next step is to try the echo chain on the husky. The other observation is that the husky gets filled with chips and bogs down. I have had to open it up aloft several times, it sucked.

I was just looking up the clutch cover to see what they cost(haven't found so far), but I ran into this recall notice...

Says if you're having problems, and have an affected machine, you can get a new clutch cover. I'm assuming it's on Husky's dime. Where I'm going with all of this, is you could perhaps mod the cover by cutting off some extra chunks the engineers put in, and get better chip flow. Might be worth looking into, even if you have to buy the cover yourself.

I have been running the T540i xp for 6 months with the 300 battery. Prior to this saw I was running a CS355T. Both have 14" bars. The wood I cut is, in decreasing volume order, ash, maple and red oak. In my opinion, both saws have enough power and I have not had to change a battery before needing a bigger saw.
I have gone back to the echo lately because I keep dulling chains. It is like 10 sharpenings on the husky pixel chain for a single touch up on the echo. Next step is to try the echo chain on the husky. The other observation is that the husky gets filled with chips and bogs down. I have had to open it up aloft several times, it sucked.
Do you have the fine screen on your saw seen in most of Max's pictures? That's a must.

Yes the chain is not the greatest (soft) I'm looking forward to running a Stihl hardness chain on it someday.

Chain brake gets chip choked up at times too - clean it out.

Back