The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Husky T540I XP

Merle Nelson

TreeHouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I wish they were lighter like the little Echo. I didn't even notice it said excluding bar and chain in specs. but I did notice it was only .14 kg heavier than the 535i which I would think compares to the 536i which I have now.

I also checked my batts which I thought were the bigger batt at one time. They are 4.2 ah and 150's not 200. So when I go up to a 200x battery it should be as much cut time or more with more power.

Will have to wait for supper light graphene batteries in the future to lighten up the 540.

Mick!

TreeHouser
Yep, the weight if what keeps it in the workshop most days.

Anything bigger than the echo feels like a breeze block on my harness.

Jed

TreeHouser
I get so stinkin mad at these stupid saw companies who claim to have an electric product that is actually worth a darn, and then "equip" them (if that is the right word) with this garbage turd of a safety chain wich a decent old lady would hardly use to trim her fingernails with.

Let me get this straight. 1) Arborist top handle saws in the 90's are all equipped with semi-chisel because it is supposed that less power is required to pull it through the kerf. 2) Around 2007 Stihl introduces 63ps3, which is the first full-chisel chain for a top-handle, and then 63ps later comes out, and, of course, everyone LOVES it because, of course, even though full corner takes a tiny bit more power to pull... it works about a billion times better. 3) Stihl comes out with an electric turd... garbage, home-owner, semi-chisel, safety chain. Stihl upgrades their saw... same chain. Husky makes one... same chain. Husky upgrades their electric saw... same chain. But then!... 3) Husky comes out with the ALL NEW t540 li comparable to it's gass driven counterpart!... you guessed it... same garbage, homeowner, semi-chisel safety chain.:barf:

Magnus

TreeHouser
Perhaps we see a break in battery development that makes it more useble, but until it outperform the combustion engin it will be on second place all the time.
In some jobs I can understand its use, perhaps I should say with some users it can work better.
But for me and what I do with saws I need more umpf. I can't keep up with my other battery stuff, keep forgetting to charge batteries...
I had an old electric cord saw I tested some years ago that had enough power, but it was super heavy.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!