Husky 394 vs Stihl

I've got a coil that came on an Ebay case, it's yours if you want it. No idea if it's any good or not. Or, you can sell me your broken saw.:/::lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha, danks! I still gotta check the saw, hopefully this wknd

I have had spark plugs that look fine that are on their way out give me fits. My 4-wheeler acted like it was running out of fuel recently. Wait till it cooled and it would go again. Bad plug. Whoda thunk?

It seems all todays saws use NGK plugs. I've found a few duds with these plugs.
I always had good experiences with Bosch plugs [made in Germany]. The only problem they give like any other brand is after a while the gap in the electrode spreads, goes from .020 to .030 and the saw won't idle. I pull the plug out, stick a doubled up match book cover in the gap and tap the end with my scrench to tighten it up.
Good to go again.

Recently, my buddy has a 200T acting. Difficult start and poor idle. It ends to not start at all.
Bad plug. The gap was ok and the spark look good, except it went along the insulator instead in the gap. Didn't work very well.:roll:
Easy fix.

I've been having brand new NGK's with very little time on them going bad for no reason this year. I gave the rest of my ngk's left away and only buy Bosch now. I used to buy both being I never thought there was a difference in the 2 brands. Well 2012 something changed with pos ngk's IMO.

I usually buy half dozen or so from Baileys at a time .Couple bucks per.

You know I've had some plugs I've had for decades and never had a problem but now I kind of wonder .Old Tom and a couple others have had the plugs blow clean out of the 441 Stihl's .I wonder what brand it was and if they screwed the threads up a tad bit when they were manufactured .

I never gave it a thought at the time I worked on it ,just screwed the thing back in and started it .

After thought :Another thing that freakin 441 got hard to start too after a while .Maybe you guys are on to something .

I get plugs in bulk from Northwood saw or Baileys. Been going with more from Northwood lately. Better prices and a lot quicker shipping time once order placed.

Northwood list $1.95 a piece Bosch. But I order boxes of 10 plugs x how many boxes and get cheaper prices.

Why don't you let NGK know if your plugs are going bad. See what they say at customer service. Wonder if they are the domestically (USA) made ones?

Most specs call for a .5mm electrode gap, and I have a Zenoah that says .6. Pretty infinitesimal difference, I wonder if it really matters?

NGK USA contact: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/About_nGK/contactus.asp?mode=nml

Way late for that IMO. I have no proof of bad plugs to send now, I tossed them in the trash and washed my hands from them.

Page #3 tells of me starting to have trouble with 362xp and trouble shooting it. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/husqvarna/362xp/msg9655/#msg9655

Next thread of another bad ngk in a partner 5000 plus. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/ported-saws/spark-plugs/msg11751/#msg11751

Back