Husky 346

I was so impressed with the stock 550 compared to stock 346.

I ordered a 545 (step bro to 550) which is the replacement of the 353. I am betting a 545 will run with a 346. Time will tell.

Muffler modded my 2011 346 for new owner. We dont need spark screens on our land and stock one was pulled too.

mufflermod346NE002_zpsc67b0600.jpg

The 346 carb is touchy and hard to adjust by ear.

I've never had a problem with any 346's tuning and carbs for me were normal. Are you on the rev-limiter by any chance and thinking you are hearing 4 stroking? NE 50cc has a 14.1K limiter in them and look for blue coil.

Yes, mine does have a rev limiter. I don't get any distinct 4 stroking out of it and the plug is light on one side and dark on the other. I took it to my dealer, as he said he would tach it for free, and he told me I was right on. I have tuned a bunch and found it pretty easy to tell where the sweet spot is. Not this one.

I think I have a bit of a gas leak right now. I saw a little green spot on the snow where it had sat. Haven't looked for where yet.

Holmentree said he had troubles with the lines running to the primer bulb coming loose or slipping off.

The 346xp is my favorite 50
Cc saw hands down, but check dealer support. Husky lost me as a customer, as Adrian has already mentioned. The ms261 is a fine saw but for the same weight/power/size on paper, it can't touch the 346xp. But it gets the job done and is a damn reliable saw. Stick with stihl, run the .325 .063 74 link on there with an 18" and it's perfect all day long.

Holmentree said he had troubles with the lines running to the primer bulb coming loose or slipping off.
Yes I did Kevin, I replaced all the hoses on the saw. Like I said before my 346 still had a lean running issue after changing all the lines plus changing intake clamp, sprayed ether under the flywheel and on clutch side to check seals.
So being lazy and not digging out the proper gauges to pressure test the saw I bought and installed a new carb, from advice I heard from Spike 60 on 346 carb issues. It then ran a little different but still had the erratic behaviour. Last option is ignition module which when I find time I'll swap my 372 module to it and see.

But the 346 will always be a backup saw for me now........ now that I'm very impressed with the little hot rod 550XP.
Here's a pic of last Saturdays competition I put on with a pair of brand new 550s, very powerful hyper little saws right out of the box. Best time 21.69 seconds for picking up saw and making 3 down cuts through a frozen solid 10"x10" spruce with a unsharpened out of the box chain..

Attachments

• SDC11128.jpg
    SDC11128.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 36
After being impressed with the 550xp against the 50cc 346xp in the cut pulling 3/8.

I thought I would pick up the 545 that is the replacement for the 353. The spec numbers dont show it happening, but I am betting it will cut with or out cut the 50cc 346xp. All stock to stock testing no muffler mods or anything.

Will update when I find out.

545002_zps9d105198.jpg

545003_zpsf8ed1a24.jpg

545001_zps9b760703.jpg

Back