Hunredollar oil today?

• Thread starter wiltingoak
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 4K
W

wiltingoak

Kind of expensive. Interesting reasons.

Ah well, set bids higher and hope the hacks do the same.

Happy Thanksgiving, look for my wife w/ the Cherokee Children's Choir in the Macy's Parade, she'll be the one all bundled-up and not recognizable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Price goin' up while the dollar slides down. $99.54USD

Some economists are thinking...catastrophy.

I'm thinking tomorrow is give thanks day, and being alive far overshadows the looming crisis and whatever it brings. Er, "bring it on".

Dude, we have ALOT of positive economic indicators. It'll be peachy.

Fred

It'll drop back to $75 when all of the hedge funds bail out.

It's all good and everything'll be fine.

Sad afternoon though...Dad died at 2PM Central and I will miss him and we -his generation. I love you dad.

Sorry about your dad, Reed. My prayers for you and your family.

It's all good and everything'll be fine.

Sad afternoon though...Dad died at 2PM Central and I will miss him and we -his generation. I love you dad.

Sorry to hear that. You just got back from seeing him, right?

Thank you ya'll.

Yes, my son and I spent a week taking-in the last of his stories and lessons, blessings and well wishes, just wish I should've hugged him for five minutes longer than I did. As we were packed and leaving, we both knew it was for the last time.

Also, against his wishes, homecare nurses thought it best to transport him to the ER last night for fluids...to extend his life. He knew what he was doing and so be careful what you trust others to do for you. He wanted to die at his home, in his bed.

I am glad you got to see your dad before he passed Reed. I talked to mine on the phone a week before my dad passed. I hope all goes well with you and your family and that the dollar doesn't crash like it seems likely to.

Thanks again, all of you.

Didn't mean to mix the dollar with Dad. He was influencial however, for me and my brother and his long-gone honorable friends. Our household was always together with his buddies from the great war, my childhood with their kid's, mom's also...kind of a giant family and he was the last of his bro's. They were all at Nuremburg in the trials, before that Normandy and Selarno, Cicily, and after the war went again to another, and even another and we went to, as it was written.

Things changed and he witnessed them, his cadre all quit and he tried his damnest to get us out to. He never quit trying to influence a giant wrong into becoming right, but to little success. His generation, minus the opportunists, was I strongly feel the last of the truely honorable American known to world and the nation at home as respectful, honest, and sincere.

He never flaunted it, he spoke nothing of France, Germany and Nagasaki until I came home in uniform expecting respect but finding him in tears and aside the Hollywood version of the way things are and were, he began his history and inspired others to do the same. 38 years active duty, resigning and refusing benefits, all of them. If only more would've to.

So..the dollar and me, we have this history and principally it's because of Dad and what he did then was no longer able to do. Thankful tomorrow for a few things...life, my family, even little things but mostly so two big things: I got to say goodbye to him and he's no longer in pain. Glad you spoke with your's Monkey, the little things we should always embrace no matter how busy we think we are.

Hundred dollar oil sucks for sure, Hey, Reed, I'll bet your dad told you lots of stories about the good ol' days in high school when gas was 25 cents a gallon and he was still strapped to pay for it. I remember it. $4 would fill your rig up back then. One today really has to appreciate the folks who lived in simpler times. Like, your POP. My condolences to you and your family.

God, bless

Sorry to hear about your Dad Reed. It is a good thing you got to see him before he went.

My dad, who is now 89, likes to tell about his first full time job making 25 cents an hour, and working 70 - 80 hours a week with no overtime pay. He soon had enough to buy his first car. A '29 Ford for $12.50. Of course, he did have to finance such a large purchase; $5.00 down and $2.50 a week for 3 weeks. I think he said gas was around 8 cents a gallon.

38 years active duty, resigning and refusing benefits, all of them. If only more would've to.

Glad you got to spend some time with your Dad. Sounds like I missed out not knowing him.

When you feel it is a good time, could you explain his thoughts about refusing benefits. If it was important to him, then maybe I should understand.

Thanks,

Fred

Bummer Reed, I hope you find the peace within yourself to stay strong for those around you. Sorry for your loss.
See Ya
Mike

Price goin' up while the dollar slides down. $99.54USD

Some economists are thinking...catastrophy.

I'm thinking tomorrow is give thanks day, and being alive far overshadows the looming crisis and whatever it brings. Er, "bring it on".

Ditto.

5 bucks a gallon by the end of summer '08 for diesel.
Hope the report I read is not true.

I have seen the hwy. patrol pulling over more pickup trucks checking for red dyed diesel.

Back