Hunredollar oil today?

• Thread starter wiltingoak
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 4K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Through all the crap ya'll have had to endure from me (though I feel some of it was good) and moments of gritting displeasure I'm certain some of ya have had to feel...

...logging-on and opening this thread is comforting to me this morning. A strange day as my immediate family is peppered around the world, all sharing the loss of Pa and not sure what's going to happen to validate it - or do now whatever kind of ceremony is mandated for such a time. The T.V. is on so I can catch a glimps of my wife two thousand miles away, the cell reminds me my son is fighting 40-foot swells in the Southern Ocean, and my brother is fighting the ticket agents in Florida for a simple bereavement opening.

I'm taking a frozen cheap pizza to a widower's home and some 2x4's so he can pull himself out of bed in the morning and then a toast of cheap whiskey to all the men who really fought for democracy, our father's and loved ones, and ourselves which would include you all. We're so busy with shit, attending the necessities that sometimes remove from us that which we really are. It shouldn't take a passing to remind us of that, so it's sweet when we realize it in spite of the sorrow such a time can bring.

Humanity really is a good thing, on the individual level. Reminders of that are necessary once and a while. The cost of despair is often the minute reminders it can bring that show we're still down deep, a special specie of beings. I've been thinking about Skweryl and shed a tear for his situation while I was freezing at the woodpile getting another few hours of wood just a moment ago. I can only hope that soon he and his dad might mend some rifts, letting go of the shit that seperates them. It's not worth it, that situation and this is a challenge for him to try to take the first step, the results will build a very special person in him and I hope it can be done. Stumper, a good person very true to himself, his expression means a shitload to me - in spite of his weird politics. Even Butch, when all's said and done, I can imagine his younger years, his close connection to a brother who's gone and his simple (often too direct) statements impact more than he thinks. Virginia, who's living life in big sweeps, a redneck hubby that's gruff but a Teddybear, their tightness together warms my heart. Etcetera and etcetera to all here, 'specially Frans, who spars with me based on illogic and ignorant awareness of the larger world, he's a champion in my heart and that's what matters.

Thanks ya'll, tomorrow or after that...I'll have to arrainge the details of sending-off a war hero, dedicated and loved father, and realize that with his passing I'm stepping-up and will try to fill his shoes as mature as his prodegy should be, the manifestation of his legacy that'll continue on and bolstered by the expressions of concern all of you have offered.

That was your best post ever Reed, thank you for sharing that. My thoughts are with you.

Back