How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 179K
Do you make dog leashes? It would be a decent etsy gig. Use used ropes, and talk it up as an enviro thing in the description. Sell deluxe spliced leashes. Could also target small indie dog/pet stores. It's not a get rich thing I don't think, but you could make a few bucks making those sweet splices, and get rid of some old rope.

Do you make dog leashes? It would be a decent etsy gig. Use used ropes, and talk it up as an enviro thing in the description. Sell deluxe spliced leashes. Could also target small indie dog/pet stores. It's not a get rich thing I don't think, but you could make a few bucks making those sweet splices, and get rid of some old rope.
I was contacted by some hipsters who wanted some rope splicing to make shopping bags. All I would need to do is make some simple split-tails. Got it down to about 15 minutes per splice. They were going to sell them for about 145 pounds. Never heard any more sadly. Will look into doing the leashes though. Can't be too hard to rustle some up!!

Do you think it was a Slaice? I thought it was an attempt by someone to add some strength and security to a questionable splice.

Back