How many is too many? Asking for a friend (cough)

Im surprised more of yall arnt usung the 3/8s stable braid for light speed lining applications. Light, strong, dont melt......
I glazed 1/2" SB.
I bought a 3/8" for lighter duty SLing and rigging, in your recommendation, but haven't broken it out.

Just made this to keep chokers on. Got tired of them just laying around unorganized. I'll make one for each truck. Will clip on the saddle and good for hanging in the bin on the truck.

Attachments

• 20200710_222208.jpg
    20200710_222208.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have thought about an umbrella. Heated floor in winter would be amazing. Is it bad enough that I have an anti fatigue mat in the basket already?

Do you have a cup holder?

For whatever its worth to anyone, I'm hanging slings while climbing, and need the compactness and lack of snagability, so I hold one end of the sling, spin the carabiner end around my finger the appropriate number of times, and clip the other end. The twists spirals the slings up, compactly.

I have a pvc pipe that holds an umbrella on the stumper. It really only comes in handy on bigger stump gigs. Like the last one four stumps two five footers, one seven footer, and a twelve footer full sun 90+ degree day, happy to have the shade.

I only have a 25 horsepower gas (sub has a 60 hp diesel). I used a pop up sun canopy on a big redwood stump that I was asked to do, last minute, for an important client, no bid requested. 9 hours...big, big stump.

I'll have to add these to my welding project list for my friend, the welder.

Those stumps are exactly why I sold my sc252. Get an umbrella holder and it can double as a shovel/rake holder or add those too.

A piece of pipe works great for holding an umbrella, you can even blow a hole in it, then weld a nut on the side so you can tighten a bolt against it to hold it in place. Can easily drop 10 degrees or more just by being in shade. Look into getting a welding umbrella, they last pretty good. I have a black stallion one i think, I'll have to look

Those stumps are exactly why I sold my sc252. Get an umbrella holder and it can double as a shovel/rake holder or add those too.

Yep!!

I grind as few stumps as possible.

Last one was a 12" hemlock at a lakefront house for a well-heeled doctor who got me by referral from some other well-heeled lakefront customers a few doors down, who are friends with some Puget Sound front customers who don't ask for a bid and are very flexible. Otherwise, I'd have said I can just do the removal.

Small stumpers are inefficient, unless you can only get a small stumper in.

I charged $100/ hour, many years ago. I was content with it. They were a many-years property management customer.

Nope! I can do most spruce with one round of slings. The last tree we figured 110 limbs speed lined.
I am all out of biners maybe if Gary starts posting again I can buy a few off of him lol.

Back