How I wear my Sequoia

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
Mine aren't gold anymore either. I used the factory bridge for the first eight months or so and then when it was worn switched to a rope bridge with some scrap rope. I'm on my third bridge. I think my Sequoia is going to be two years old in spring. Its holding up pretty good.

Still waiting for pics of your rope bridge D!

Saddle fit and comfort is very individual but there is a consistency in the mechanics behind it. I like the back belt fairly low, at the nonflexible point of the body. This point can take a lot of pressure over a long period of time without damage.

Wearing the waist belt high will feel comfortable but will tend to overflex your lower back vertebrae, not dissimilar to sleeping on your stomach with a large pillow under your head. This constant hyperextension of your lower back will take its toll.

Also, I like my waist belt and leg straps fairly close together and the leg straps snug enough that they stay put with no possibility of anything slipping under there that are not suppose to be.

Dave

Attachments

• Saddle position in use.jpg
    Saddle position in use.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Saddle position front view.jpg
    Saddle position front view.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 10
  • Saddle position side view.jpg
    Saddle position side view.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greg, where do you wear your saw? and what do you use? a biner?

I remember when I used a ladder hook on a screwlink........ man whatta pain in the ass that was. Using two hands to retrieve and stow my chainsaw.

Oh... if it aint fancy im not interested.

Actually just curious on how you terminate the ends. Will await your picture.

that deserves a pic...please stay tuned for 4-6 weeks while I process this request.:lol:

you suck Greg....;)

and I climbed today and yesterday with the saddle lower like I wanted to try; works real well, very easy and comfortable to wear, climbed a white oak today, got to all the outer reaches of the limbs to deadwood , didn't even feel like I was wearing a saddle :)

Hey Cary, I switched to the TM because, frankly, after trying it out at a competition, I was in love. The way the bridge supports you, no matter which way u turn, is amazing. I also liked how I could change the length of my bridge fairly easily. To me, the back pad feels better in some situations also.

When I bought my TM, I was on the fence between buying the TM or the SRT Sequoia. I had heard some great things about it, and since I was getting into SRT and upgrading, it was a toss up between it and the TM. But like I said, after trying it out at a competition, I knew the TM would be the better of the two.

Now that I've had ample time to climb in it, and from my experience with the Sequoia, I'd have to say they are pretty darn close to equals. The TM has a few better points, but the same could be said for the SRT Sequoia. I think when it comes time to replace my TM or whatever, the Sequoia SRT will be my first choice, simply because I'm going to try and do SRT only from now on. From access to working the tree using Kevin Bingham's Tree Wrench.

Thanks Adrian, good to hear your opinion :) keep climbing hard young pup

I generally attach my saw like I've drawn. Just replace the pear with a caratool. goofy pic.jpg

Back