How I wear my Sequoia

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
W

Widow Shooter

Okay, was taking to Brent today, seems the poor old fart busted a nut and is laid up for a couple...;) okay, it was his back, but it is all attached for us guys right?:P

I told him I was reading on arbtalk that alot of guys don't wear the Sequoia's high like they say in the instructions.

I line the front of the waistbelt, (not the strap) up with the top of my pant-line and drop it a bit below there.

the bottom edge of the back-pad sits right at the top of my back pockets when I set it up like this.

i snug the leg-pads down, then loosen just a tad so my finger can go thru between my leg and the pad.

When set up like this, I find it very comfy to hang in, nice to lanyard in and lean back in, and most of all, no nutcracker :\:

so Farm-boy, here ya go.

The frontal shot show where the waistbelt sits, you can see the top of my pants outlined under my shirt. I know this isn't the SRT version, it is my new standard, but I wear my SRT one exactly the same way.

get better man, I'll drink an extra glass of red for you tonight friend :)

IMGP6568.JPG IMGP6569.JPG IMGP6566.JPG

I only have a few pics of my saddle. I wear it a little lower....

The first pic is my HC-less drt set up that you asked about.

Second pic shows where I wear my sequoia.

and last is the SRT tip I promised to show you. If you buy the 'top' suspenders and cut off the stock 'biner attachment, you can attach a croll which sits slightly to the right. This will put the ascent line more in line with your pantin (I stole the idea from the guy who developed the ergovation saddle, this is how the croll sits on that harness as well.)

Attachments

• IMG_7108.JPG
    IMG_7108.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7104.JPG
    IMG_7104.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think you just wear your pants A LOT higher Brent...;) LOL I'm digging the suspenders man, sweet deal :)

I thought you were going to say...to the grocery store, to church, you know....;)

Thank you for the suggestion for the Kroll setup. I think that I will use it. Just in passing, is the Kroll primarily used to keep the climbing line close to the body and over the foot ascender or is it primarily used for safety? If for safety, is there a particular event that it protects one from? I have the device, but have not used it before now.

I clip mine into a biner on the SRT loop of the Sequoia, it is attached to a small bungees with a micro-teeny-tiny biner that I clip in my chinstrap, very slick and quick to remove if needed; after all, the strap only keeps it upright :)

I thought you were going to say...to the grocery store, to church, you know....;)

well, i wanted to wear them to bed ;) ;)

and Greg, thanks for the pics bro' :)

I have 6 jobs upcoming in the next 2 weeks, hopefully they will get some real durability testing ;) how is yours holding up No_bivy?

just burned through the second bridge......one elastic band severed..all good though. Rings aint gold anymore

Mine aren't gold anymore either. I used the factory bridge for the first eight months or so and then when it was worn switched to a rope bridge with some scrap rope. I'm on my third bridge. I think my Sequoia is going to be two years old in spring. Its holding up pretty good.

That's about how I wore my Sequoia. Tis a great saddle, and I still have mine, though my little bro uses it right now until be can buy a saddle of his own.

As for durability, mine is going on about a year of use, 8 months of which are on the original bridge. Mine is holding up great, rings are still a golden color.

So why the switch Adrian? what does the TM give you that the Petzl doesn't? just curious...I have heard that it is the customizable storage you can make on the TM, cuz that skinny little waist belt can't be comfy diggin into you all day.

But really, who wants to climb with a ton of shit hanging of you? lol ;) If I need something, I'll have it sent up, or hang it in a daisy-chain somewhere.

I actually emailed Petzl and told them if anything would be an improvement, it would be to make the leg loops a bit wider, not too wide though.

I've been reading a lot on the TM, that is a problem I hear with some dudes, the wide leg pads are not forgiving to the man-plums:O make a move and have a boy shift, then weight it? YIKES! ha ha ha!!!!

I know, I know! it is cause all your ITCC treestuff sticker- heroes wear the TM eh? ;)

just razzin' ya man:P

so? what is it that made you switch, for real? Thanks Ranger.

Thank you for the suggestion for the Kroll setup. I think that I will use it. Just in passing, is the Kroll primarily used to keep the climbing line close to the body and over the foot ascender or is it primarily used for safety? If for safety, is there a particular event that it protects one from? I have the device, but have not used it before now.

It would be one of two attachment points in a SRT set up. Carys way will work too, but the way I show will keep you more upright.

I'm gonna try your way Greg, more upright is more better ;)

do you work off SRT, or like me, just use it as access?

But really, who wants to climb with a ton of shit hanging of you? lol ;) If I need something, I'll have it sent up, or hang it in a daisy-chain somewhere.

Ummmm

BAH! that is , let me see, my sugoi, my lanyard, my "8" a first aid kit ( I always have one on me) and a coupla' slings, not that much boys, compared to how much cool stuff ya can carry on a Treemotion :) Drew-Treemotion.jpg

Right on the hip bones or just on the high side of them seems to be the place. I'm on my second factory sequoia bridge after two years and change of climbing three to four days a week. I've been looking for bad wear spots, but haven't found anything yet that I'd worry about.

I did notice the large caratool poking me pretty bad through the back pad some days. ...sorta like its wearing out the stiffness of the backpad from weight on the one spot all the time.

Back