hitchclimber

OTGBOSTON

punk in drublic
Anybody use this cool little pulley? In the second pic I have it attached to a length of 1/2in which puts it far enough away from me to bodythrust without me having to advance my FH in a seperate motion. The first pic is how I would normally use it while working a tree. Anybody use it a different way?

Attachments

• IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 403
that is one funky eye splice on that rope...........whats up with that?:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I knew that would come up:|: It is a f'd up looking splice I know. Stanley Longstaff rewhipped it for me about a year ago for free. He had already packed up his stuff but still took the time to fix it, pretty much sums up the kind of guy he was. I added the blue cord to keep it tight on the 'biner
I will keep it for sentimental reasons but my new tachyon is on order;)

8) sorry it stuck out there.............Have you used this pulley for the "M"

8)...Have you used this pulley for the "M"

I have, and it works great. My only thing is that when you've got slack in the line, it likes to fall down low, which makes you need to bend down to reach the tail and pull out the slack. I like it overall though.

I like my hitch climber so far. I've been using it off and on since tophopper traded me for it a few months ago.

I looked at the rope pic for a second and thought you were climbing on a line that had 3 whippings and no knot (or splice)! I forgot about that color of Fly for a second there.

Now hit the books!

love
nick

If somebody had a pic or a link of the 'M' set-up, some of us less technically advanced types might be interested in having a looksee.:/:

Heh I haven't been able to get out much, I've come lightyears already.:D

Without, that blue eye and eye (hip thruster) girthed on the krab is doesn't flop around alot? When you're "thrusting"/climbing?

I looked at the rope pic for a second and thought you were climbing on a line that had 3 whippings and no knot (or splice)! I forgot about that color of Fly for a second there.

love
nick

speaking of bad splices. I bought a beeline fh that had two eyes that flop around on the biner. why would anyone sell stuff like that?

Ever have any problems with the FH getting stuck beneath your anchor/splice? I used the same setup with the mickey mouse pulley for a while but abandoned it when my VT got stuck and wouldn't grab. Was wondering if the hitch climber was any better.

If somebody had a pic or a link of the 'M' set-up, some of us less technically advanced types might be interested in having a looksee.:/:

Heh I haven't been able to get out much, I've come lightyears already.:D

Two Tie In Points, one rope, one friction hitch. http://www.treemagineers.com/downloads/hitch_climbers_guide.pdf

In these photos, I'm using the wiregate Revolver carabiner for the pulley. Just trying that configuration. I normally use a locking krab and micro pulley.

Attachments

• Elm1117 053 Large Web view.jpg
    Elm1117 053 Large Web view.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Elm1117 056 Large Web view.jpg
    Elm1117 056 Large Web view.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 214
i always thought it was 2 hitches, i learned something today and its only 7 oclock, thanks

If you were to hang in mid-air between the two TIPs, theoretically you would be centered in the "belly". When working in a tree; limbwalking for instance, the system is self equalizing within a certain radius (though I'm not sure it's technically a radius) based on the length of rope between you and the TIPs. As one "side" gets shorter the other gets longer. You can move within this zone without touching the hitch. Take in or let out rope to change the distance, but it still naturally equalizes to your position.

I like the M hollywood, gonna give it a go tomorrow.

Here's my hitchclimber with the new tachyon and beeline, definately looks better, and more importantly works better:D

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 178
speaking of bad splices. I bought a beeline fh that had two eyes that flop around on the biner. why would anyone sell stuff like that?

Simple- they don't know and they don't care. They are just in the business of selling stuff. As long as people keep buying it, why should they bother changing?

I know I loose a few jobs here and there because I try to find out the person's climbing style and try to match them up with the BEST thing for them. Sometimes they just wanna click "order now" and have the thing show up....only to have it floating in the bottom of the tool box a couple months later.

I've yet to try the M system yet. I think I should, though!

love
nick

Back