Hi-Side Truck Boxes

I didn't realize you had TWO double boxes, thought it was just one. I'm not fond of those at all because they severely block the driver's view. Back when I was climbing and carrying all my gear in my pickup this is what I came up with. I got those side boxes cheap.

ed680ae6.jpg

Sure! Just let the extra 8" extend back and swing a couple of railroad lanterns from the over hang ... It'll be so COOL! :lol:

Funny just as I read that a train is rolling through town.

I think the eight inches would look very silly personally.

So if you were to sell them whatca asking?

So there are two questions here, right?

Should to take them as payment of your pals debt
Should you put them on the truck
In reality there's actually three motivations .The third being those boxes are likely the only form of payment you're ever going to get on the outstanding debt .

I loved similar ones on my FS truck. Those will take a chainsaw with full wrap handles, too...unlike Willie's suggestion. But bigger can be a hassle...half of what I needed to get out was always underneath the other half :).

And I think they'd look beyond dumb on a short box.
:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham, Willie, thats why I was looking at the high sides.

All, I am going to hold out for some 72" boxes. I decided I couldnt mess up the look my nice new truck with the ghetto appearance. Although as far as function it would have been sweet!

Well you'd best get something .It seems the longer a personal loan of such goes on it seems most times the less they get paid off .

Taking this guys junk he can't sell in lieu of cash is a pizz poor excuse but it's better than nothing .

Id take em and sell them. If he was having trouble getting rid of them on CL they obviously aren't worth what he was asking. If they are in good shape and reasonably priced they should be easy to sell.

Take them. Sell them. Buy a contractor canopy with side tool boxes and a hatch back or barn doors. Pay a friend 10 percent for selling them for you.

I had a hard time finding a canopy for my GMC tapered bed, but love having it now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I passed, I will wait to get paid... It was a days work and there are a bunch of 8' ones for sale in my area, it doesnt seem worth it. I will wait to get paid and in the meantime keep my eye out for some 72" boxes.

I passed, I will wait to get paid... It was a days work and there are a bunch of 8' ones for sale in my area, it doesnt seem worth it. I will wait to get paid and in the meantime keep my eye out for some 72" boxes.

;)

As to your DOT concern, I thought a person gets 2 feet past there vehicle before the red flag is needed. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Google says... for California...

LAMP OR FLAG ON PROJECTIONS:
Per CVC Section 24604, whenever the load upon any vehicle extends, or whenever any integral part of any vehicle projects, to the rear four feet or more beyond the rear of the vehicle, as measured from the taillamps, there shall be displayed at the extreme end of the load or projecting part of the vehicle:

a solid red or fluorescent orange flag or cloth not less than 12 inches square, or

during darkness, in addition to the required taillamp, two red lights with a bulb rated not in excess of six candlepower plainly visible from a distance of at least 500 feet to the sides and rear.

For Ohio, it says...

Over length vehicles and loads or vehicles and loads with a rear overhang of four (4.0) feet or greater shall display a single flag at the extreme rear if the over length or projecting part is two (2.0) feet wide or less. Two flags shall be displayed if the over length or projecting portion is wider than two (2.0) feet and the flags should be located to indicate maximum width.

Lol. I was gonna say I thought shortboxes were 6', but then I haven't owned one so I wouldn't know for sure!

Shortbeds were always 6.5' until the four door pickups became popular. Those usually have a 5.5' bed because they are so darn long. They barely qualify as a real pickup, though.

Back