Hi-Side Truck Boxes

So do I, but the back doors are half size.:drink:

2v17sbm.jpg

There's pros and cons about bed mounted tool boxes .Just depends on what the truck is used for I suppose .

Tom bought a 4WD Ford one ton with a 460 in it .It came with very nice side mounted long boxes and a ladder rack .As such and with the nature of his biz they were not practical and were removed .The primary use of that gas guzzler is to pull a stump grinder which it does nicely at .His older 4WD Ford with a 302 just didn't have enough grunt .Big old 460 does like gasoline though .

They attempted propane in these parts 30 years ago but it didn't prove out .On a large engine like a 460 it provided enough power but in cold weather they didn't start so well .The up side was it was a less expensive fuel than gasoline .

My Isuzu bed is 6' x 8'6", single cab so at some point we will need at least one box. Only trouble of putting boxes in is it limits the space for brush and logs...working on a custom fix, at least Mr. Bermy is. I tell him what I need, he figures out how to do it, how to make it, then makes it, such a useful chap!

Nothing worse than a half a** attempt a tricking out a truck...
Interesting thing the 'trays' in Oz are almost always aluminum and flat all the way through, you lot seem to have those tubs with wheel arches inside...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look what $100 got me on Craigslist!

Took an hour or so to mount and they look almost brand new!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349046704713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349046704713.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
Back