HH ... which hitch ?

I vote for the Knut hitch.

...variety of possible knots to fashion with the beeline...whatsayou'all for preference and why ?
My favorite hitch so far, not that I've tried a whole bunch of them, is the Knut hitch. I find it reliable if the number of wraps are tweaked for the rope I'm using with it. The biggest thing I like about the Knut hitch is the way that it crosses hard at the bottom, just above the Hitch Hiker. I like to take all the slack out of it that I can, using just Beeline 8mm hitch cord with no spliced eyes. The fact that the Knut hitch crosses hard at the bottom to me means that there is almost no sitback (or is it setback?) when I put weight on the hitch.

For the record, Altissimus, you have a world of experience greater than I do; this is just what I've found that works for me.

Tim

It depends what size rope you have.....

On Vortex 12.7mm I use bee line Blue 10mm with 6 wraps (turns out to be 5 wraps when tied) like the instructions say...works so good I dont even think about trying different hitch ;)

I think it's just as much rope/hitch cord combo than the kind of hitch. The hh hitch seems to work well enough and reliable too. I've just started looking for a little more performance and finding that a distel will inch as slow as I want and zip as fast as I want without binding up tight even after a hard stop.

I think it's just as much rope/hitch cord combo than the kind of hitch. The hh hitch seems to work well enough and reliable too. I've just started looking for a little more performance and finding that a distel will inch as slow as I want and zip as fast as I want without binding up tight even after a hard stop.

I also have been using the distel and find it works so well with all the hitch cords and ropes I own that I have stopped looking for anything better. My experience matches that of Joezilla11.

Be prepared for two finger control and a light touch...no need to muscle it after a hard stop.

I use what is recommended for the HH by Paul.
Only mods I have done is either one extra coil or one cross over. That is all.
If something ain't broke. Don't screw with it.

Back