Hey Joggers!

Cool.

What do you think of the barefoot running thing??

Well I guess I'll jump in.

Since I stopped climbing I went from 10 1/2 stone to 13 in 2 years. Most of my time now is consultancy so mine is a fitness driven motivator.

I started running when the kids were staying with me in August, gave up the fags at the same time (10 a day).

My trouble is I have the mental strength of a lion and went at it like a bull in a china shop. Built up the distance from 1.5 miles to 6 in a week and damaged my knee in the process.

I did my first 10k race in mid-September and completed in 54 mins. Fitting in the running is a tough one, I try to get out at least 3 times a week.

I'm currently training for a 10-12 miles 'HellRunner' cross country race in November, to be truthful though I don't think my knee is going to hold up. I did 15k (10 miles ish) last weekend in an hour and a half.

I do enjoy it, the last time I ran properly was at 20 when I was training to be a cop.

I definitely intend to keep it up :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool.

What do you think of the barefoot running thing??

Honestly?

Cool on the beach but lame on the road, I got Howley feet.

Good pair of shoes will help with injuries, like shin splints and knee pain.
try to change them out for new ones every 5-600 miles.

How did your father come to training Kawika?

Cool.

I do alot of barefoot walking cuz my knee is too shot to run. I go in the woods on some rooty, rocky trails. Acorns and broken acorn shells are challenging. It's a great foot workout. The only danger I think is stubbing or breaking a toe on the swinging forward. The feet feel great afterward. Injury to the sole of foot, barring stepping on nails or thorns, seems to be no problem once you get used to it.

They'd been friends forever.
Kawika's just a nut, I'll scan a picture someday.

My dad's a massage therapist, the hawaiian lomi lomi.

Butch, Howley feet are soft feet not used to being barefoot.

More Running, another hour of running.

I ran down by the wharf and this lady yelled out at me, "Run! Shithead, Run!"
I was too tired to look back, almost broke me down, I figured I'm ok with being a shithead.

I don't know about running around barefoot in Urban San Francisco.

That's a wack thing to say, she must be a pleasure to be around.

Guy at work, 20 y.o., 160 lbs, strong as ox, extreme agility, likes to fight alot, mad smoker until 3 weeks ago when he decided to quit. Now he's starting to jog a little...

Tell you what, Cory. It takes the edge off for sure.

Jay, She was probably a tourist.
That's what i thought when she said it.

Lol, yah cause there certainly wouldn't be any crazy locals around.

I'm thinking about taking up a bit of jogging when I move, where I live now is all insane hills, not highly motivating.

I know a couple of people from there. One dude who's a straight up kick ass treeman. And yah, crazy too.

I'd like to go there one day, maybe. Cities aren't really my thing.

HAHAHAHA Maybe in places.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-y1VUdnQXo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-y1VUdnQXo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back