• Thread starter swampy036
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 6K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lets see if I can do this
3963767457_98a37b5616.jpg

All but about 10 limbs came down on rope. 6.5 hrs and we are ready for a crane. Oh the first top out 2 and a half wraps and the frickers dont know why it locked up.:O

i may be wierd but , and am tuning in late,
but id use 1 stem as a gin pole and tip tie and lower the other section in 8 ft ers, rope the other down in 4 ft ers till your closre to the house and chunk the rest...just cause im cheap...
great tree to do as a crane removal only a handful of picks to do
be safe have fun, and bring a short wedge and hatchet along just in case

I beleive i'd do the same Dave but you can't fault a guy for wanting to try a crane!

round here we'd send down big ol 10 ft er into the lawn,
thanks to the fundamentals of general tree work, i know how my logs aregonna lay out, thanks jer!!!

Oh I am cheap too, but the septic tank is on the road side of the tree and the leach feild is on the back yard side. Next door has the tank right next to tree also. So I would use the spar closer to the road and house as a gin pole swing 8' ers over the tank, then butt hitch the next pole down till I get down to the crotch and start cutting 10" slabs. It will prob. take 6hrs. more and a lot of short wood. The crane guy said $500 and I will have 16'ers for saw logs.
Oh the last thing is it is a 60tonn with a 108' of main boom. Also I am sick of watching wood go down all the time. I am ready for a change.

yup, shoulda known better , septic systems in the lz

500 bucks... good deal do it...
are you putting the logs in a 10 wheeler or on the ground as you go?

i usually take the gate of a 10 wheel dump and put em right in it 3 ,man crew works well

good luck be safe and take pics of your picks

A 60 would take 32 footers pretty easily I would think unless he is way off pin

$600 day rate for a fifty ton crane here....and my guy will borrow a chainsaw and help remove the limbs when I'm working alone. :)

It All went great I will say that I hope to use a crane more often.8)

3976355761_b7158eac97.jpg

3977119136_2e09a07ba8.jpg

3976356783_988d492a82.jpg

No Steven?. They do quite a bit in the Yosemite Valley

Back