Hello & thanks

oldtimber

TreeHouser
Hi everyone, I stumbled on your fine forum a few days ago, and decided to register to personally thank Mr Beranek for his beautiful book, High Climbers and Timber Fallers. I own many fine books, but this is one of my great treasures. Aside from the incredible photography, it clearly demonstrates that honesty, commitment, and respect, still matter. I intend to use this book to help pass these values along to my grandsons.....Thanks Jer

Welcome Oldtimber. That book is one of a kind, amazing , and priceless

What a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much OT. I suspect High Climbers will be one of those books that will be around for some time. A contemporary classic of logging the way it use to be. Boy, how things have changed!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the welcomes fellas, Butch I couldn't tell you how I found it if you held a gun to my head, I'll just have to call it my good luck. I found the arborists site awhile ago, but decided to stay away. I'm afraid I don't have much to offer to the technical discussions, I did work in the woods and mills as a young man in upstate NY, and when I first came to Arkansas in 76, but carpentry was always my fallback trade. Also cut my own wood and heated my home all my life, like everyone here I've gone home every day covered in sawdust with sawdust in my nose. I guess a shared reverance for one of Gods great blessings is why I'm here, thanks again.....Bill

OT dont be shy to post up some pics of your carpentry work, we get pretty bored with nothing but trees truth be told:lol:

Welcome, Bill, I'm Jay. Once I was heading home from work late, tired and just wanting to get there. I guess I had a little too much pedal to the metal. A cop pulled me over and asked me if I had been drinking? "Drinking", I said, "The only thing I've been drinking is sawdust"! I thought it was a better answer than saying, "Why would I do that?"....and the truth. He let me go, didn't write me up. :lol:

OT, sounds like you are highly qualified to me based on your description!

Thanks for the kind words Cory. What you get with my name, is a loyal friend, and mutual respect, as far as qualifications, well heh heh.

Cool!

Do alot of posting so we can learn a few things and get to know you.

Hiya! Glad you've joined, having a breadth and depth of experience on the site makes for fun and variety! Whippersnappers like me from the land of small trees (originally) get a kick out of some of the conversations, not to mention some good advice.

Thank you for the warm welcome Bermy. Tasmania is a place of unimaginable beauty to me. Safety and prosperity to you my friend.

Welcome to the Tree House Bill! We would love to see some of your work. Jay ( woodworkingboy) is a master at wood working. A Master!

Thank you for the warm welcome Bermy. Tasmania is a place of unimaginable beauty to me. Safety and prosperity to you my friend.

Have you ever been here? We only moved four yrs ago...loving it.

No, I'm afraid National Geographic is as close as I've ever been or probably will get. We had hoped to travel more after retiring, but the farm and the horses keep me tied down. My wife still gets around a lot, but I'm happy here, it took me almost 40yrs to put it together, so I'm going to enjoy it.

Happiness is enjoying where you are!
Got to love National Geographic, my hubby looked at pictures of salmon spawning in rivers in the PNW and BC many, many years ago...we got to go see for ourselves for real in 2002.

One other idiosyncracy of the Tree House, we are MASTERS of the thread derail!

Welcome to the Tree House Bill. :)
In just the few posts you have written so far I appreciate your perspective of tree work. Look forward to hearing more from you. :D

Happiness is enjoying where you are!
Got to love National Geographic, my hubby looked at pictures of salmon spawning in rivers in the PNW and BC many, many years ago...we got to go see for ourselves for real in 2002.

One other idiosyncracy of the Tree House, we are MASTERS of the thread derail!

Ha Ha Bermy, derails don't scare me. If I'm sitting in front of this screen, my chores are caught up, or I'm too tired to do anything else anyway.

Back